5.The Confession

The moment she left, Arnav curiously started searching in the notebook. Finally, he found something written on the middle page.

"I don't desire a transient connection. I want to accompany you through every twist and turn in life. I promise to always strive to be the companion you can rely on, to love you deeply and without hesitation. Even if I don't fully fit your expectations, I'm eager to learn and shapenects with your soul. Will you join me in creating a world in which every heartbeat and breath is a tune we all share?"

A whirlwind of emotions crashed into him all at once. His eyes widened in disbelief, heart skipped a few beats and a wave of happiness washed over him, making his face light up with an uncontrollable smile. He felt an overwhelming love and gratitude at that precious moment.
With excitement, he turned over some more pages curiously, to check if there is something more written. After a few more pages, he found another note.

"Hey....I'm leaving some lines for you. If you wish to understand the meaning, then please ask me and I'll explain it to you. But, if this makes you angry, then, please forgive me. I didn't mean to do that. You know what...I truly want you as my partner.

So, it's for you....
Mate ta udei nie pabana jhulana...
Phula ta pindhei die mo dehe gahana... Tume Mora pakhe thile
Kichi mu chahe Naa...
To aakhi mo aainaa...."

After reading all these, he rushed out of the hall in search of her. He didn't care that everyone were noticing his unusual behaviour. He searched everywhere. In the library, canteen, play ground , tennis court,almost everywhere and suddenly stopped. His eyes got stucked on the main gate. She was leaving.

"Okay... It's nice. I'll talk to her outside of the college." He thought and took his steps ahead towards the gate. But, he stopped at the main gate. She was waiting at the bus stop next to the college.

"In the Autumn's embrace, her beauty outshined the splendour of nature. The trees, though magnificent, were looking pale in comparison to her grace. Each gentle breeze caressed her hair like a poetry in motion and her smile was just like a delicate masterpiece. The warmth of her gaze, surpassed the enchantment of the season itself. In her presence, this moment felt like a cherished memory, more precious than anything else he had ever witnessed." He got still at that moment. So engrossed in looking at her that he completely forgot he had gone there to talk to her.

She turned her face towards the gate. Arnav was standing there. But, he was looking somewhere else.

"Did he read all that? But, I don't think he would have any interest on me. Should I go and talk to him?" She questioned and took her steps straight towards him. But at the very next moment, the bus arrived.
"I think, fate don't want us to talk today. I wish I could express all my feelings in an instant. But, it seems like, that's not possible now. I love you very much Arnav.... See you tomorrow." She sighed a bit and started stepping up into the bus.

Meanwhile, Arnav realised that, she had already gone inside the bus. But, for a last time, she peeked out from the gate to see him. Their eyes met. They both kept staring at eachother for some seconds. Simultaneously, they both took their eyes to somewhere else away from eachother.

She rushed to a seat and settled herself. She was really nervous at that time. "Why was he looking at me? Could it be possible that that note excited him? There isn't any chance for me to being liked by him. Arey yarr.....I'm really so nervous. I can't stop thinking about him. He prabhu, please kaali mate banchei neba." (Oh god, please save me tomorrow).....

Approaching towards the lecture hall, Arnav thought, "No one from the college are using bus except her. Their might be a chance that we could get some privacy and enough time to talk. Everyday that bus passes through my street. Instead of bike, I should use that bus for college tomorrow."