7. Beginning

Her whole body quivered from top to bottom.
"I ... I must...I must be dreaming. It can't be true. He has rejected so many girls, all more beautiful than me, why would he choose me??? Yaa... It's a dream. Now... Snap out of it you fool... Oye...snap out..." She thought and after sometime, for confirmation, she pinched a little bit on Arnav's forearm.

"Sshh.. why this? Don't you believe me? Everything I said is real yaarr. But ...."While rubbing his forearms he was about to say something more when she interrupted.

"No way..." She was literally shocked.
"Aetaa sabu prank thila naa??" She looked straight to his face with watery eyes and asked.

He gave a soft smile and said, "For your kind information, let me tell you, I don't understand Odia that much."

"Aaa...Aa ... I'm sorry.... I'm sorry... I was saying that, everything you are doing is a prank right ?? There isn't any chance that you would choose me over all those beautiful girls in the college. It's not true. I'm dreaming right?" She said in a nervous tone with a bowed head. Then she closed her eyes and started muttering, "Please snap out....snap out....please..."
After watching for some time, Arnav interrupted her, "What if I say that, I don't like all other girls. But, only you."
Opening her eyes, she can't stop herself from staring at him. Half mouth opened, all shocked. As soon as she heard those words, again a thread of tears fell from her eyes turning her cheeks red. But, this time, it was not just a thread. It became a river.

"What...But why ...No yarr... please don't cry..." He panicked. It was his first time dealing with a crying girl and the reason behind her cry was also him.

He turned his head around everywhere to see other people's reactions. But, thank God, no one was paying attention. Then he said in a low voice,

"You should stop crying yarr... Look... We are in a bus. If someone sees you crying, then, I'm surely gonna beaten up by everyone here."

Hearing this, she quickly wiped her tears and stopped sobbing.

"You didn't answer my question. Okay, I'm asking again." Arnav looked straight to her eyes and said, "Can I sleep for a moment on your shoulder?"

She never imagined that, Arnav could be this free and soft. She had always seen his silence and introvert side.

"But...I'm still unable to believe this." She said in a puzzled tone.

Knowing her situation, he said, "Can I hold your hand for some time?"

Hearing this, she again lost in her thoughts, mouth-opened, speechless. And, then Arnav snap her out, "You listening...oye...hello...??"

"Han...yaa...but why... I mean... Sorry sorry ...yes you could. You don't need to ask that. I would love that."... "Wait... I just said I would love that. No yarr...what will he think about me. He prabhu..." She said, then thought and then got embarrassed. She just carelessly dropped those words.

Meanwhile, he held her right hand and like before, he gave a little pinch on her forearm.

Ouch...yarr... what's that for?” She asked while rubbing her forearm.

He looked straight into her watery eyes holding her hand and said, “Baby... Now you'd believe me naa!!!”

Baby.....what...he just called me baby....my god....such seducing tone... It's natural that he is the crush of  many girls. How the hell I became so lucky? He chose me instead of all those beautiful and hot girls. It's like a fantasy.” Thinking all these, she got lost in deep thoughts. Then, suddenly Arnav waved his hands before her and snapped her out from her thoughts.