6. Power & Dilemmas

Hello papa”

“Hey... All fine? How are you?” Mr. Singhania asked.

Han papa... I'm doing well....What about you?"

“Yaa... I'm totally fine. I heard  you told your mumma that you felt someone following you ??”

“Oh... Mumma told you that?? Yaa.. I felt...but, I think I was just overthinking... Later, that Bolero caught in an accident.” Arnav explained.

Well..see... Don't you worry about that...but, you were right. That Bolero was actually following you.”

Arnav was shocked. He shouted, “What !!! What do you mean by that papa? And, how can you say that so confidently? Papa... Tell me the truth. What's the matter?”

Arnav... Don't you forget you are the only son of Vikram Singhania. Whether you live confidentially or not, it doesn't matter to some morons. For money, they can do anything. These Bolero men were one of them. But, don't worry, I'll handle everything. You just take care of yourself.” Mr. Singhania assured calmly.

You mean to say that, the attack was done on your Command?” Arnav asked doubtfully.

Beta... At that time, I didn't have any other choice besides that.” Mr. Singhania answered.

Are you serious??!! You just murdered five people. I don't care who they were or what their intention was, I just know that I'm the main reason behind their death. Because of me, you committed a crime. If you were suspicious of them, then why didn't you capture them only for interrogation? Why did you have to murder them? You got any explanations??” Arnav shouted in an emotional tone. A hand of guilt was gradually squeezing him.

If they had planned to kidnap you on their own just for money, then there was a chance that I would have spared their lives, but, they were doing all that on someone else's command. On asking whom, they declined to answer. They didn't leave me with any other choice... You must know son... with great powers, there always  comes even greater dilemmas. We have to conquer them on our own. I know you wanna live a confidential life. All by yourself. And, I really respect that. But, it's my responsibility to protect you. No matter what, always remember, if I can't protect you directly, I'll protect you from the shadows.” Mr. Singhania said in an assuring tone.

Take care papa...” Arnav said and hung up the call. With the unfinished lunch plate and lots of confusions, he made his way towards the kitchen.
How did papa know about the bolero? Did he put someone to spy on me? That means, from this moment, I'd have to hide myself even more precisely. And, the worse part is that, I'll have to hide from  papa.” He threw the remaining food  in the dustbin and while going to the basin, the plate accidentally slipped from his hand  and broke into pieces.

Come on yarr... Damn it...” He shouted and started collecting the pieces.
Wasn't there any other way than just murdering them??” He was dealing with enormous numbers of questions and suddenly, felt something watery in his left palm. Accidentally he had squeezed a broken piece so hardly that, it started bleeding.

Seriously... Now this!!!” He got up with great frustration and went to the basin to wash his hands. After washing off the blood, he went to the bedroom and opened the first aid kit. With cotton and spirit, he cleaned the wound and then, tried hard to bandage that, but failed.

Okay fine... Nothing gonna happen by this tiny wound.” Saying this, he wrapped up the kit, put that in the drawer and laid down on the bed. He didn't take much time to fall asleep.