Chapter 5

Tom went into hug his friend and the mother of his future child having no idea what to say.
He held her for a long while, not speaking as tears began to fall down her cheeks.
"What are we going to do?" She spoke in a tone barely above a whisper
"I don't know, what do you want to do? Do you want to keep the baby, give the baby up for adoption, or......."  Tom questioned while rubbing her back comfortingly
"I know that it's my body but uh, you are free to your feelings" Amelia spoke lightly before Tom tried to articulate his thoughts before speaking
"I've spent all afternoon trying to wrap my head around the news. Imagining every possible worse scenario or thing that could go wrong" he shared a look as she knew about his sons death. "But if you want to go through with this pregnancy, ill be here to support you, in every way I can. And if you don't, I'll take you to the procedure and I'll be there by your side."
Amelia felt more tears fall down her face before saying "damn you Tom"
She left the room to take a walk to clear her head. Leaving Tom brain to digest the information they've just discussed.

As the days went on and the week wrapped up, Amelia finally decided to talk about her decision with tom.
"Can we talk....in prívate" she asked while he nodded silently and let her lead the way. He stood quietly in the on call room. She locked the door before turning to face her baby daddy and friend.
"I've decided to keep the baby and I want you to be involved.he or she should know their father. I know that this is going to be scary for both of us based on our past but its still a good thing. I want to tell our friends and family. I want to share this good new and I want you to do it with me."

"I guess, I can do that" Tom joked before smiling at her, showing that he was happy about this news.