Chapter 7- Telling Derek and Mark

Amelia Shepherd stands before the weathered gravestones, her heart heavy with aches of missing. The wind whispers through the leaves, carrying memories of laughter and loss. She takes a deep breath, her voice trembling as she addresses the silent stones, before closing her eyes seeing the figures of her fallen brothers looking at her

Amelia (voice trembling): "Mark, Derek... I need to tell you something."
Mark (leaning against the weathered granite with a smirk on his face): "Spit it out, Amelia. We've seen it all in this hospital."
Derek (etched in stone, forever young): "What's eating at you, little sister?"
Amelia (takes a deep breath, her fingers tracing the engraved names): "I'm pregnant."
Mark (raising an eyebrow): "Well, congratulations! Who's the lucky guy?"
Amelia (swallows hard, her gaze shifting to the horizon): "It's not Owen. It's... Tom Koracick."
Derek (surprised, his epitaph etched with a half-smile): "Koracick? The neurosurgeon?"
Amelia (nodding, her tears unbidden): "Yes. We had a thing. A complicated one nighter thing. And now I'm carrying his child."
Mark (grinning, his name etched in bold letters): "Well, Amelia, you've always been one to keep life interesting."
Derek (softly, his memory alive in her heart): "Amelia, you're strong. You've faced loss, battled demons. This baby... it's a new chapter."
Amelia (teary-eyed, her whispered confession carried by the wind): "After overcoming this hurdle, it feels as if I'm finally stepping out of Derek's shadow. No longer the 'Other Dr. Shepherd.' I'm now Dr. Shepherd."
In that sacred moment, the legacy of the Shepherds shifts. Life marches on, weaving intricate threads of love, loss, and unexpected beginnings. And as the sun dips below the horizon, casting long shadows over the gravestones, Amelia knows that this revelation will ripple through their lives, forever altering their shared history.