Chapter 4

Natalie's P.O.V (Con't)

I woke up with the sun hitting my face. Uhh it's only 9 a.m! What ever, I guess I should go make the girls some coffee. They slept in my parents room and on the couch...the couch is pretty big so yeah.

I'm measuring the water when I hear loud knocking. All of the girls on the couch groaned instantly, I was glad that I wasn't the one with a hangover. I tried ignoring it but they knocked again, and Brianna yelled from upstairs, "Just get the door!"

She groaned and slammed the bedroom door. They knocked again.

"I'm coming, I'm coming don't get your panties in a twist," I said to my self.

"Police! Open the door!" The police yelled from the other end of the door as I was like literally 3 inches away from opening it.

"Yeah? How may I help you officers?" What? I wasn't nervous. Why would I be nervous about cops banging on my door, especially after last night? They have nothing on me, and quite frankly, I felt like they were wasting my time.

"Yes, sorry for the bother but my partner and I were going around the neighborhood. Are you aware of a murder that took place in the city last night?"

I slightly gasped, "A murder? Do you have any leads? Oh, what's wrong with the world nowadays?"

"Yeah, I know what's the world coming to? But anyway we know that in this neighborhood many young adults go out to the clubs, and it was only a borough away. So just be careful ok young lady?"

"Oh yes of course officer. Thank you very much." I smiled and waved good bye as they walked to their car. I closed the door and laughed at what an awesome actress I am. Hollywood ain't got nothing on this!

"Why were the police here?" My friend Jessica asked. She's the one with her tongue pierced.

"They were just warning us about a murder that occurred at the club we went to last night in 42nd."

I said it nonchalantly brushing it off.

"Oh no, that's too bad," chimed in Ashley.

"Yeah, what a shame. Now go shower and get clean, I made coffee."

An hour later all of them were clean and had caffeine in their system.

"So where are your parents vacationing?" Jessica asked.

"There in Tahiti. Yup. They didn't bring me because, 'You still have school and that's what you need to focus on'." I quoted them, mocking sternness.

"But couldn't they wait until Mid- Winter Recess?" Jessica asked.

"Oh, I told them to wait until I was on break so we could go as a family and my mom's boyfriend laughed and said we are on his time so no. My mom just stood there. When I called him a jerk she hit me."

I said everything emotionless, which startled them. Brianna saw that I didn't want to talk about it so she changed the subject.

"So who got murdered?"

I answered with an innocent attitude,"Some guy there. They said he had a red lipstick mark on his cheek. Freaky...they even found venom laced on the bullet."

Brianna froze. "Hey Nat, can you help me with something upstairs?"

We went upstairs and walked into my room. She slammed the door and turned to look at me.

"Cut the crap I saw right through that. Who'd you kill?"

"What? I have never! I'm so insulted...you hurt my feelings. What ever do you say?"