Chapter 5

Jason's P.O.V

"Jay Jay.."

My sister was tugging on my sheets. I turned over and saw it was nearly 2:30 a.m.

"Yeah?" I asked my voice groggy and husky from sleep.

"Mom is doing it again."

Cocaine..yeah my mom's a drug addict, and she swears we don't know. Her and my father fight over it most times, but they still love each other...I hope.

Lilly, although young, is not stupid, and knows that when Mom locks herself in her room for hours and a certain smell comes out, she doing it. Lilly didn't know what it was, but she knew she didn't like what it did to Mom.

"Oh, come here." She got into bed with me and snuggled against me, she let out a slight sob. Lilly didn't like it because on days that my mom would be high around us she was as good as dead. She didn't speak, she didn't do anything that a mom would do.

When my dad and her would fight he would mention that she is going down hill, and is like a numb person, unable to feel anything.

(Jason's Flashback)

"Don't you feel bad about what you're doing to your children?"

"Leave me alone Alex!"

"Oh, so now you answer? You aren't the woman I married. You're just there, sitting on the fucking couch doing nothing all day! Your children need you."

My mom didn't answer and I was in the middle of it all, literally. I was sitting on a love seat separating the sectional my mom was on. My father looked at my mom with angry, hurt eyes.

"Your son! Look at him!"

She didn't look at me, sad and afraid.

"I said LOOK AT HIM WOMAN!"

My mom looked up at me and was shocked to see me standing behind my father. He's right, she's lost weight and hair. She looks nothing like before.

"Mom, what's going on, why are you doing this to yourself?" I asked.

"You'll never understand, it only happens to girls." I was confused, anybody can get addicted.

"Sarah! You aren't making any sense!"

Silence fell upon us.

"You see, now you got the baby crying. I'll go check on her since I'm more of a parent than you are, and I'm more alive at this point than you are!"

My sister Lilly is 9 months old. I really wish that my parents, especially my mom stops this for Lilly's sake.

"Shh Lilly, it's ok."

I tried to comfort Lilly as she wept. She was so small and undeserving of this all. Her tears were getting on her purple Care Bear.

I was trying to comfort her as much as possible, and was soothingly passing my hand over her hair.

She soon went to sleep with tear stains on her angelic sleeping face. I wiped her tears and headed back into a restless sleep. It's funny how I'm the one with an "Ideal" family. If only they knew that everyone has problems.

Natalie's P.O.V

"I told you I was going to beat you, once again!" My cousin Joshua told me. It's true, he's a pro at Just Dance.

"Well all I know is, I'm out of breath and I need to sit. All those chips weren't good for me."

I plopped down on my couch, and settled in like an old person.