Aloha #5

"so, you really traveled here, alone?" 

that's what he asked the moment the waiter from this open restaurant near the beach of waikiki left our table after getting our orders. yes, finally we are able to eat a real food this time after eating those exotic and weird food but yeah, i can admit that those tastes good especially the earthworm. but that doesn't change a fact that they were not the common food peoole were eating on this land.

"that's what i told you last night." i said while playing at the artificial plant that was in the middle of our table. we were sitting across each other. "it was supposed to be a couple trip. my ex and i planned this trip but sadly, we broke up. ayaw ko namang masayang yung pera so i just continued this plan but with consent his naman."

i dont know where i was coming from to tell him the reason why i traveled alone here. but maybe i do really want someone to talk to dahil wala akong kausap kahapon maghapon besides when jeonghan hyung or my other friends was calling me. plus joshua seemed comfortable to talk to anyways. mukha din namang di sya judgemental.

"and he couldn't be with me since he was busy with that girl he got impregnated with. he cheated on me." i added then i shrugged my shoulders afterwards.

i saw using my peripheral vision that he nodded. i couldn't shot him a glance since i was busy playing with the plant. "you're also here to seek for healing?"

that made me nod my head and pursed my lips. "yeah... hopefully, i could." it looks like it wont be difficult for me. seeing the view every morning for five days on my room was relaxing enough and if ever joshua would want to be with me during this trip, for sure it wont be hard. "what about you? do you have girlfriend.. or someone, you know? baka mamaya may magalit sakin dito."

i was actually been thinking about it since earlier when he invited me to eat somewhere. i was scared that one time there's someone who would look for me saying i was trying to steal joshua from them when in fact di ko naman type tong lalaking nasa harapan ko. plus i was scared that someone might see us here together at baka akalain nila nangch-cheat si joshua. i need to confirm so that i could also confirm kung kaya nyang sumama sakin during this trip.

he chuckled first. "no, i dont have, dont worry. you're safe." i saw how he fix the way he was sitting in front of me. his legs were spread and kita ko how white he was. he was wearing sweatshort anyways. he was still staring at me the same way he did last night. "plus i dont have time to date or commit to any serious relationship."

that's the moment i looked at him and furrowed my brows. "why? trauma?"

"busy. i have to work even on weekends there in los angeles." we looked away from each other since dumating na yung orders namin. he was the one who helped the waiter then nilapag nya sa harapan ko yung foods ko before him. he was also the one who gave me my complete utensils. "im a project manager by the way. that firm was owned by my family. but i dont want to be a ceo or in the higher position so yeah.."

i nodded as i started to dig in to my food. "then, why are you here?"

he also started to dig into his food. "because its summer. this job is the only time ive got to have vacations. i only have to work three hours per day, then im free the rest of the day." that's why. thats why after teaching me how to surf earlier, inaya nya na ko dito like as if wala na syang gagawin for the remaining time of the day. "how about you? what do you do for a living?"