Vatos

Up on the R.V. Dale, standing guard looks down at Andrea and Amy in the boat. He picks up the binoculars to do a visual sweep of the other directions. He sees Jim on a nearby hilltop digging with a shovel. Dale sighed and wished that the day could go on without any more issues. Jim is digging vigorously. Over his shoulders stand the buildings and skyscrapers of Atlanta. This isn't the first grave-shaped hole he's dug; many more lie open around him.

About an hour or so later, Jim is still digging. Dale walks up to him but Jim doesn't stop.

"Jim? You okay?"

Jim continues to dig, still ignoring Dale.

"You keep this up, you're gonna keel over out here."

When Jim still doesn't stop, Dale offers up his water canteen."Drink some water at least."

Jim looks at Dale but doesn't stop. Dale turns and goes back down to the camp. He makes his way into the RV, walking into the bedroom to see his daughterstill sleeping and exited the RV relief flowing through him now that his daughter was no longer fearful that Ed would come get her and fell asleep.

Dale looked back at the hill. Jim continued digging. So Dale looked for Shana to get his opinion on the matter. Dale, Shane, Morales, Andrea, and Amy come to see why he's digging. Carol and several others from the camp join them. Even with a crowd of people, Jim does not stop. A tired Lily walked up to the group after her nap and stood in the back of the group, watching from a distance.

"Hey, Jim. Jim, why don't you hold up, all right? Just give me a second here, please?"

Jim slows down his digging and looks up at Shane," What do you want?"

" We're all just a little concerned, that's all."

"Dale says you've been out here for hours," Morales adds.

"So?"

Shane laughs," So why are you digging? Are you heading to China, Jim?"

"What does it matter? I'm not hurting anyone" Jim keeps digging between sentences.

Dale looks at him softly, "Yeah, except maybe yourself. It's a hundred degrees today. You can't keep this up."

"Sure I can. Watch me."

"Jim, they're not gonna say it so I will. You're scaring people. You're scaring my son and Carol's daughter." The group stares as Lori adds clutching Carl close.

Jim pauses, "They got nothing to be scared of."

Lori shrugs.

"I mean, what the Hell, people? I'm out here by myself. Why don't you all just go and leave me the Hell alone?"

Shane shakes his head, "We think that you need to take a break, okay? Why don't you go and get yourself in the shade? Some food maybe. I'll tell you what –maybe in a little bit I'll come out here. I'll help you myself. Jim, just tell me what it's about. Why don't you just go ahead and give me that shovel?"

Jim shoves it into the ground and looks at Shane, tilting his head," Or what?"

"There is no or what. I'm asking you. I'm coming to you and I'm asking you, please. I don't want to have to take it from you."

Jim starts to get agitated due to Shane bothering him," And if I don't, then what? Then you're gonna beat my face in like Ed Peletier, aren't you? Y'all seen his face, huh? What's left of it? See, now that's what happens when someone crosses you." And then Jim goes back to digging.