Pyrite Grounds

There are no good leaders or bad leaders. You are either a leader or you are sitting on an empty throne.

What is the role of a leader? A leader is not above the people nor are they below them. They are in front of the people. They simply lead the people to better lives, lives brimming over with happiness for themselves and goodness to others.

A leader does not treat their people differently based on their race, gender, or sexual orientation. How can you have a leader who thinks the differences between their people make some of them better than others?

A leader stands with the people and listens to them and works with them. A leader can tell gold from pyrite. A leader never places their beliefs and their religion and their perspective over what is best for the people. A leader knows what to do when others do not and they consider all sides and opinions before acting.

A leader believes in justice and equality above all else. They believe and enforce these ideals. All of the people are taken care of and given equal opportunities and if they should fail in following their dreams, they are protected from poverty.

A leader may or may not be self-made. It is not their personal economic situation that determines their ability to lead but how their situation has affected them does matter. A leader cannot be spoiled by their inheritance and they cannot assume everyone can rise from poverty the way they had. A leader does not live a life of luxury while their people go to bed hungry, even if they earned every last penny that they keep for themselves.

A leader does not need to fix every problem and help every citizen but they must make a difference. They must unite the people. They must make an improvement in any amount. A leader must be cooperative and use logic to solve issues. They must pave the way for the next leader. They should set high standards for themselves and for their successors. They are role models for the future.

Pyrite may look like gold and someone may look like a leader because they sit on a throne or took an oath and made a speech. But a leader will either make the pyrite grounds over which they preside shine like gold or, in a land already made of gold, they will thicken the layers and raise the people.