Eventually

Everything gets fucked up eventually.

Capitalism was a good idea until the rich became too rich and the poor became too poor. The real nail in the coffin came when the rich also got greedy.

Communism was a good idea but no leader was willing to relinquish power so this equal society could blossom.

College was a good idea until it became too expensive.

Religion was a good idea until people began using it to take freedom from others. They hate them; they kill them. From the crusades to marriage equality, it never ends.

There are people who think certain penis-resembling celebrities would make a good president, until they realize his policies are unconstitutional. Not that they'll be willing to see it.

Pro-life was a good idea until you realize no one actually wants to get an abortion. They get one because they need one.

Pianos and guitars were a good idea before they go out of tune.

Diets were a good idea until you realize how hungry you are.

Waking up early was never a good idea but we still do it.

Procrastination was a good idea until you run out of time.

That party was a good idea until you see that you're over- or under-dressed.

Living a meaningful life was a good idea until you realize it is pointless and nearly impossible.

Writing this piece was a good idea, until you realize that all of these things mentioned above still have some good in them.

College trains you for a career. Religion has helped millions of people grow stronger and more giving. Tune that damn guitar! Waking up early lengthens the day and perhaps you'll gain the motivation to get your work done before procrastination sets in. Make a joke out of your outfit if it does not match everyone else's.

At the end of the day, fucked up problems still have some logic in them and you can either take the logical solution, or the equally fucked up solution.