Chapter 4 - Reunion

Lloyd's POV

Finding Harumi? That is gonna be easy cause I already found her. I have to admit I didn't recognize her at first. The red paint on her face (to represent her anger) was gone instead replaced with a green (I am guessing to symbolise new beginnings and hope) she was wearing normal clothes for once, a jeans and t-shirt.

I didn't know how she was gonna act to her "dead" sister just appearing in front of her one day. I guess we'll just take things slow. . . real slow.

Harumi's POV

I was quite surprised to see Lloyd at the coffee shop. He doesn't normally drink coffee but knowing he is probably here for the sugary stuff (he's been like that since a kid). I haven't seen him ever since I helped him and the other ninja rebuild the monastery. After that I repaid for my crimes with community service and was set free. I went over to him.

"Hi Lloyd,"

"Oh hi Rumi,"

"How have you been,"

"Great thanks,"

The girl sitting with him was looking utterly surprised. I couldn't help think she reminded me of someone I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Rumi?" Lloyd askes making eye contact with me, "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure,"

"What happened with your sister?"

I felt my stomach churn. How did he know? I never told anyone, not even my adopted parents.

"How do you know?" I asked

"Oh. . .uh we'll talk about it later but first can you tell me what happened?"

I didn't know. Should I or should I not? I've never told anyone what I was experiencing, not even my parents but I could trust Lloyd right and that other girl if Lloyd trusts her so should I.

"Rumi?" he said gently everything alright he said bringing me back to the world

"Yes?"

"Can you tell us, or would rather not?" He asked

"No no it's fine, it's time I told someone anyway and I trust you," I said sitting down

"Great," he smiled

"Okay so my sister is-"

"Gone I know," he cut me off

"What how do you know?" I asked looking at him

"Ohhhh uhhhh. . . I found out?"

"Okaaay anyway when my parents left the hospital I was asking them why my sister wasn't coming, they had left her there, they said she was gonna stay there for a while and will come later I remember the entire car journey I was just ranting what I wanted to do with her like eat ice cream and play in the park but my parents were complete silence my mom was even crying but she told my it was because she was very tired, I was too young to understand a few months passed and I asked my parents again where was my sister eventually they told me she had passed. I had no idea what that meant until I searched it up and I felt my world crumble the second I found but I decided not to tell my parents I knew, I stopped talking about her completely and acted happy for them then you know what happened,"

"Oh yeah adoption and the yeah, I have got to say that was quite something," he said

"Yeah," I said then my eyes went over to the girl sitting with him "Who is this?" I asked

"Oh yeah um Harumi?" he said like he wanted to tell me something

"Yeah what?"

"So this might sound unbelievable but you know your sister?" he said slowly

"Yeah," I said slowly, confused

"She is not actually. . . dead,"

"What that's impossible!" I said shocked

"No, she's alive!" he said "You gotta believe me,"

My heart was racing my head, pounding, palms sweating. This isn't possible.

"How do you know and like are you sure?"

"Yeah cause I met her,"

"What where is she?"

Lloyd looked over at the girl sitting in front of him then it all clicked.

I looked at her with tears in my eyes

"Meher?" I said shaking

She looked at me, tears and fear in her eyes

"Yes?"

"Is it actually you?"

She nodded, standing up

I walked towards her tears in my eyes, scared. I looked her in the eye. Yes. It was her. Without a second thought I hugged her the tightest possible. She hugged me back and buried her face in my chest, sobbing. I started crying. I haven't been this happy in years. I looked at Lloyd.

"Thank you," I mouthed

"Your welcome," he mouthed back smiling.