Chapter 12 - Zeatrix's story

Lloyd's POV

So Beatrix has a sister. Okay. I don't think they got along. I mean Beatrix captured Zeatrix. What kind of sisters do that? If only I could unearth some information about her. Maybe I could stop whatever evil plan she has up her sleeve.

"It is I, the great and mighty Zeatrix," Zeatrix boomed.

"That's great. Sooo.......Zeatrix could you please let us out," Meher implored.

I already knew the answer.

"Let me see. . .after decades of plotting, scheming and tormenting, you really think I am going to let you out," ridiculed Zeatrix.

"Oh no, no, no I was only getting started," she added, as an afterthought.

Harumi looked at Meher.

"It was worth a shot," Meher replied in a sincere tone.

Harumi simply sighed.

"Back to your 'evil plan'," I said. I needed to collect as much information as possible.

"Ah, thank you Master Garmadon. Back to what I was saying, people were insulting The Imperiu-"

"Wow she really put the 'insulting' in there doesn't she?" Meher muttered, rolling her eyes.

I shot her a 'be quiet and listen' look.

"You think it is good to insult another realm?" Zeatrix questioned her.

"Well your sister lied to the citizens and tortured dragons so you can't really blame them," said Harumi.

"Well if my sister broke things up between us, I wonder if what you've done will break you and your sister up?" Zeatrix retorted, smugly.

I could see the alarm go off in Harumi's mind. She didn't want to lose her sister.

"What is she talking about?" Meher pondered.

Oh no. This was going to get bad.

"W- what do you mean?" Harumi stammered.

"Oh you know exactly what I mean," Zeatrix smirked, butting in.

"Why don't you carry on telling us how people were insulting Imperium," I said, trying to change the subject. I think that got her attention because she started ranting about how 'the people had no taste and loyalty'.

"Thank you," Harumi mouthed at me

"No problem," I mouthed back. But then I saw Meher, darting suspicious glances at Harumi. Harumi won't be able to keep her past from Meher for much longer.

"Are you even listening?" Zeatrix asked.

"What? Umm, uh, yeah, of course I am," I said

"As I was saying, the world insults Imperium. They don't deserve to live. It's not like I could get a sword and behead everyone. I started to research. After months and months of researching, I found a new power. I gathered the claws of Imperium and renamed it 'The Draco Venator'. We built a small military base in the wilderness outside of Imperium. Where you are now,"

"Okay so you captured us. . . why?" Meher interrogated.

"Well my research uncovered something. I discovered the grounds around the military base had a special jade crystal that holds a mystical, almost magical power. To my dismay, it is protected by a special magic. Nothing can drill through the ground. I have tried everything, even my Imperium tech cannot drill through it. There was only one solution. I had to capture the girl. So I captured the girl," She said, referring to Meher.

"I need you to summon the Jade crystals from underneath," Zeatrix suddenly snarled.

Meher scoffed, "Yeah right and why would I do that?"

"Oh don't you worry your pretty little head about that, sweetie," Zeatrix said, "and you," she turned to me. "I need your Oni power."

This time the alarm went off in my brain.

How did she know about my Oni power?

I couldn't let her have it.

"You. You will never, and I'm saying NEVER, get anything from me or my friends," I told her, my voice cracking with emotion. "We WILL defeat you."

"I know you won't. . .Oops I seem to have said too much. You all better get some rest, you won't have time after this," she cackled like a witch (excuse me she is one) and left.

"Thank goodness she's gone. I don't think Meher could have handled her temper for much longer," said Harumi.

"Hey!" Meher exclaimed.

Harumi shrugged, "It's the truth."

"Anyway, what was Zeatrix saying about what you had done?" Meher asked curiously.

Harumi's alarm went off again. She started to sweat.

"W- What do you mean?"

"Rumi, we're sisters you can tell me."

"I don't think we will be after I tell you," Rumi whispered.

"What! That's ridiculous," Meher exclaimed.

"Rumi, you gotta tell her," I said.

She took a deep breath

"Okay fine I'll tell you my past," Harumi decided. "But you won't like it.