2 - Master Plan Gone Wrong

~ Shuichi

I meet with Kaede the next morning after we eat breakfast in the dining hall—a nicely prepared breakfast by the Ultimate Maid, Kirumi Tojo. She made everyone omelets, bacon and toast; it's possibly the best breakfast I've ever eaten. Though, I can't exactly say I remember eating anything before this morning.

We meet in the library where Kaede explains her plan to scope out the mastermind—the twisted psychopath who's controlling Monokuma. She's convinced that someone is controlling him; she even thinks it could be one of the students. I'm not exactly confident in her theories, but I think I'm just trying to convince myself that none of these students could possibly be so evil as to trap us all in a school and force us to kill each other. Out of everyone, Kokichi is the most suspicious considering he's a supreme leader. But that's too obvious.

"So," Kaede says cheerfully, "the mastermind is probably going to go through that door." She gestures to a door tucked away in a corner of the library—one that neither of us can open. "We need to find a way to capture a picture of them... That way we don't have to spy on them in the library and risk our lives."

"Good idea," I say, still in unease from the events of yesterday. "Though, where are we going to get cameras?"

Kaede ponders for a good while. Then, her pale pink eyes light up and she smiles. "We can ask Miu! She is the Ultimate Inventor, after all. Let's go talk to her!"

I nod and we leave the library and head for Miu's room—the foul-mouthed blonde. Kaede knocks on her door and all I hear on the other side is a loud, "WHAT?" Hopefully we didn't wake her from a nap or disturb her in any way.

"It's Kaede," she says. "Shuichi and I have a favor to ask you."

"Does it have anything to do with improving your flat chest?" Miu asks, her voice growing louder with every word. She opens the door aggressively and stares at us with her icy blue eyes. Miu Iruma—the Ultimate Inventor. She looks like a doll with her flowing blond hair and her ocean blue eyes, her fair skin smooth and glowing. She's truly a beautiful woman.

"No..." Kaede says with an insecure quiver in her voice as she crosses her arms over her chest. "Shuichi and I need cameras, and since you're the Ultimate Inventor—"

"Oh I see," Miu gripes. "You're using me for my golden brain, aren't you?"

I gulp nervously. "Listen, it's a part of an elaborate plan Kaede is setting up to take out the mastermind and bring an end to this killing game," I explain cautiously.

Miu starts laughing like a maniac, spit flying in my direction. I wipe my face with my sleeve and take a step back in case she does it again. "You two are pathetic," Miu laughs.

Kaede looks down at her feet. To my surprise, she bends down to her knees and looks up at Miu with a desperate look in her eyes. I look down at her in astonishment as she starts begging Miu to help us with our plan. When I look up at Miu, she looks rather horrified, yet... satisfied? If I'm being honest, I'm also horrified; Kaede doesn't seem like the kind of person who would beg on her knees for something, but I guess I'm wrong. To be fair, we've only known each other for two days. We truly know nothing about each other.

"Please, Miu?" Kaede begs. "You don't want to die, right?"

Before I know what I'm doing, I join Kaede on the ground. All I say is, "Please" and nothing else, feeling nothing but embarrassed. Miu finally succumbs to our begs and says she'll build some cameras for us that will help us catch the mastermind. I feel nothing but embarrassment as I stand up, but regardless, it worked.

"Fucking Christ, you guys are fucking crazy," Miu mumbles to herself as she heads to her lab.
~
The next day after breakfast, Kaede and I head straight to the library where she starts setting up an obstacle course in order to trap the mastermind. She climbs onto a ladder to inspect the vents and I watch her to make sure she doesn't fall. I don't even notice that I'm looking up her skirt until she asks, "Um... Can you see my delicates down there?"