Chapter 10

Sorry if this update stinks, but I have been super busy with school, working, and trying to catch any semblance of sleep; plus I have been having THE WORST case of writers' block ever. Again sorry if it sucks, but I hope you enjoy anyway.

Chapter 10

Miguel

         It had been almost five months since I last saw Maiya and I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t taking a toll on me. I was thinning, bi-polar, depressed and worried sick about her and our pup. It was taking everything in my to not go with my initial plan and torture his brother to get information on where he would take Maiya, but I couldn’t, not without hurting his Luna emotionally; and something was telling me that she needed all the strength she could get.

I couldn’t bear to be awake during the day knowing that I had failed not only my pack, but my mate and unborn child as well. She had fought hard for her pack, and she had done what she set out to do, protect the pack. I couldn’t even, or more like wouldn’t even, remove myself from the room we shared. Her scent was on everything and I feared that if I left the room, or even if I had let another person in, I’d loose her scent forever and that scared me, causing me to forget all of my Alpha duties… Without Maiya I didn’t even want to be Alpha anymore.

Knowing how hard of a time I was having, Louis had taken up my responsibilities as Alpha; and I was truly thankful for him. Even though I didn’t want to admit it, I was being a bit too dramatic and for that the pack suffered. It wasn’t there fault and they needed a leader who could help them try and put the pieces back together of their everyday life. It was something that the Alpha and Luna were suppose to deal with. Slowly but surely I knew that some were beginning to think that we would never see her again; another thing that scared me.

At least she isn’t dead, my subconscious said always reassured me.

Even though I knew Noir had severe the bond between Maiya and I, it didn’t stop me from trying to call out to her from time to time. Something in me always hoped that he had forgotten to severe a part of the connection, but he had been very thorough. But sometimes I had flashes of being in an immense amount of pain, and I knew that had to be coming from Maiya because hell, who else’s pain could I be seeing?

            In that small moment that I thought about that question there was a knock on my door, interrupting me.

“Who is it?” I asked. My voice was muffled from burying my face in Maiya’s pillow but I knew that whoever was bothering me had heard what I said.

Whoever it is better have a good reason for bothering me, I thought angrily.

“Louis Alpha. I have news on the whereabouts of the Luna,” he replied.

            Before he could finish the entire sentence I was up and out of the bed, opening the door. There Louis stood with the newest member of the pack. Christian. I growled making him retreat back. Truthfully, it wasn’t him that I was mad at. It was his brother. I wanted to taste his blood as I ripped out his throat. I wanted his death to be on my hands and I wanted to remember his death.

“What is he doing here,” I growled.

“Alpha,” Christian called with his head down.

“I was not talking to you!”

“Alpha he knows where his brother took Maiya,” Louis added. My eyes whipped to Christian. I knew he could feel the heat from my gaze, but that didn’t stop me from burning a hole into the top of his head.

“Why have you just now come forward with the information,” I asked him.

“I-I-I well um, you see.” He stuttered. I looked at Louis who looked as if he was a cross between sad and angry; an emotion that I had never seen on him before.