Chapter 3

[GCPD]

In the police department, two officers sitting on the front desk are watching the News on the TV in the lobby. One of the officers was a middle aged man with a mustache named Officer Renner and the other one was a young woman named Officer Martinez.

NR: We are here now in the middle of Gotham what used to be a peaceful protest, has turned into a massacre

NR: We are here now in the middle of Gotham what used to be a peaceful protest, has turned into a massacre. Dozens of Regime soldiers been gunned down by the Militia group. We also have reports that Sinestro, one of the Regime leaders, was Murdered. Witnesses say that he was bashed in the head by a baseball bat and lynched on a lamp post. The murderer was none other than the terrorist Brandon Quinn.

Martinez: Huh, Terrorist? More like hero.

Renner: You really believe that, kid?

Martinez: I believe it's about time somebody actually did something.

Renner: Somebody did do something, and look at them now.

Renner tilt his head toward the wall that had pictures of dozens of officers. Three of them were Harvey Bullock, Renee Montoya and James Gordon. Martinez lower her head down in sadness.

Martinez: How Sprague doing?

Renner: His wife said he still has night terrors and panic attacks. And it looks like he's not getting any better.

Martinez: Jesus. Maybe if he hears what happened to Sinestro–

Renner: Then what. He forgets it and move on. Let me tell you, kid, all my years on the force, I never seen anybody move on after something like that happened to them. And I've seen what Joker did to people.

Martinez: I... I gotta go to the bathroom.

Martinez left and leaving Renner alone. Renner was going through his papers, until he felt something behind his head.

Brandon: Don't move or yell out.

Renner: Okay.

Brandon: Do what I say and I won't put my signature on your papers in red.

Renner: How do I know that's not just a stapler.

*CLICK*

Brandon: Does that sound like a stapler?

Renner: Okay, I get it. Who are you?

Brandon: The guy who's doing something.

Renner: What does that even— *Realization* You're him.