1x04

The Lumix gathered in the classroom, exchanging curious glances as they wondered why they had been summoned by Ms. Faragonda. They were taken out of their classrooms only to be in an empty one. Aria was standing by the window with her arms crossed. Andrea was sitting on top of the desk. Andrea was sitting in the teacher's chair and Flora was sitting at a desk.

"I wonder what the headmistress wants?" Flora asked and Hannah shrugged." Hopefully it's nothing." She replies to her. As they settled in the room, the door creaked open, revealing a mysterious figure. The girls exchanged puzzled looks, unsure of what to expect from this unexpected visitor.

"Good afternoon, girls. My name is Ciara, I'm a private magic teacher from overseas." Ciara greeted them with a warm smile that didn't quite reach her eyes. "I've been called here by Ms. Faragonda to help you harness your potential and learn new spells to combat the Shadow Wraiths."

The mention of their new enemy sent a shiver down the girls' spines. They remember the last time they faced that creature and the memory still haunted them to this day.

"Ms. Faragonda has been observing you closely since after the attack," Ciara continued, her tone grave. "She believes that you have the power to defeat the Shadow Wraiths, but you need to unlock that potential within yourselves."

The girls exchanged looks, what potential did the girls have that the Headmaster saw in them?" You girls will be learning offense magic today. So follow me outside." She said before walking out of the classroom.

The girls didn't know what was going on so they just followed her. When they got outside they headed off the school campus and headed towards the woods where they would have privacy.

"Ms. Faragonda wants you to be in tune with your magic. So today we are going to be learning new spells. Spells that make work perfectly against the shadow wraiths." She said as she looked at the ground and them. The girls looked at each other before sitting on the ground.

Ciara gave them each a piece of paper. Aria looked at the paper and her eyes widened. This was a spell that wasn't even at her grade level yet. There was no way this woman was making them learn spells that were higher than their level.

"These spells are advanced spells even for us freshmen," Andrea said, answering for everyone who agreed." Exactly, powerful spells that can help you in your time of need and it is time for you guys to step up your gain if you want to defeat these creatures." Aria raised an eyebrow.

"Who said we were the ones to defeat these creatures? I thought it was the teacher's job to keep us safe?" Aria asked her and the girls agreed. Why are they the ones chosen to stop these monsters, why can't the teachers do it?

"Enough! You were chosen for a reason. You came to this school to become powerful, didn't you?" She asked and they went quiet." Yeah, but we didn't sign up to start facing creatures in our first year." Andrea told her and Ciara glared at her." Perhaps the headmistress was wrong about you girls, maybe you are not prepared or even ready."

"I'm in!" Aria said and the girls looked at her." Are you sure about this?" Hannah asked her and Aria looked at her." If Headmistress Faragonda sees potential in us, then I don't want to let her down." I'm in!" Flora said and Andrea soon joined in. The girls looked at Hannah, who sighed." Fine. I'm in." Ciara smirked at them." Good. You have 10 minutes to practice this spell before actually doing it. Get to work!" She yelled and the girls started reading the spell.

Aria looked at the spell and sighed. How was she going to perform them? She looked at the other girls to see that they were also having trouble with their spells. She looked at the spell again.

"Crystal Cascade."

She could remember how her mother had done this spell; it was so powerful and at a third-year level. Something that she wasn't ready for yet.