Chapter 43

vote and comment ❄️

Krish pov:

"Get away from me" I snapped and stepped back from Vaishanvi, she has been working for Nyxen too and it was him who asked her to approach Anika.

What for? I don't know.

"Thanks for the gift. It sure is memorable"
My mind kept going back to her. The hurt expression on her face ached my heart and I wanted nothing more than to run to her and we'll go away from all this mess and start a new life.

"Ugh" Nyxen rolled his eyes "Women and their drama. So disgusting"

I didn't say anything and we went right back to the office. He signed the ownership of the company but little did he know these documents were fake.

I'm not giving up.

I couldn't hurt Anika for nothing. I'm doing all of this for her. Once Nyxen is in jail, I'll make things right and marry her if she would still want to.

No other thing has ever hurt me as much as her face did today. A little hope rose in me when Ishan told me she's pregnant but ofcourse, she was lying. She'll do anything to get her way. That's how my Anika is.
Through my window, I saw her drive away and my heart dropped even more.

Later that day, after Nyxen left, all 3 of us were at my penthouse.

Ishan was rambling about how I didn't do the right thing and Sahil throwing furious words at me. Kartik stayed silent and watched me.

"I'm leaving" Ishan announced "if I stay here, I'll end up beating you so badly Krish"

"Ishan, don't" Kartik said.
"Kya don't? Tune dekha bhabhi ko? Nahi na. Maine dekha. Unki to galti bhi nahi thi but she's the one who got hurt"

"Sahil give me a lift" Ishan said to Sahil "That guy ruined my car's dashboard. OH MY GOD! Uss bande ki bhi galti nahi thi but wo bhi bichara ro raha tha. Hadd kardi Krish tune, hadd"

He kept cursing me all the way out and it was just Kartik and me now.  I just wanted to be alone. I just wanted to be with Anika. It already feels weird.

"What?" Kartik said and I looked up at him.
"Nothing" I said.
"You'll feel better if you talk"

I looked at him then stood up. I walked over to the table Anika left all the things at and picked them up and took them to where Kartik was sitting.
I kept it on the table in front of me.

"She wasn't crying" I said "She wasn't crying or shouting at me or hitting me. She just smiled and left"

"And how did that make you feel?"

"Like I don't deserve anything. The only good thing in my life left because I hurt her. I miss her, Kartik. I wanna run to her and hug her and tell her it's for her own good but she'll not understand this. She thinks I'm gonna marry Vaishnavi and she was a replacement for me. And that bitch had the audacity to walk over to me and kiss me right in front of my..my Anika. Am I even allowed to call her mine? I lost the rights the moment she stepped out"

"You're stupid" He said "You're an idiot. Where did your brain go? This is the only way you thought would've worked out?"

"If you thought mera plan itna hi bura tha why did you let me proceed with it?"

"Plan bura nahi hai but Anika k saath jo kara wo sahi nahi kara"

"OR kya karta mai Kartik?"

"How do you plan on making things right?"

"I need to a confession" I told him "I'll get him to confess, i'll poison his drink or something and the police is still working on his adoptive parents murder case. He'll be executed if he tries to fight but he'll be in the jail for atleast a life time. But I need to get on his good side. He'll know if I do it instantly"