Ch 25. Underprepared

A/N : I would have posted this yesterday, but my internet wasn't working soooo.

Warning: unedited. Mass murder.

====================================

The atmosphere was tense, like... Someone will definitely go meet their grandma in heaven kinda tense.

As Lawless was shoving his harsh words and face in Kuro's face, which Anim didn't exactly allow. So he just steps in the middle of the two.

"Hey, hey, you two may have some personal things you need to catch up on. But that is absolutely no reason to fight... At least not now" Anim told Lawless with his arms crossed and stood for Kuro. To which the funky glasses just looks down at the twink, only to laugh it off and walk back to his Eve.

Anim watched as both the Eve, and then the Servamp jumped off the building in a hurry. Mahiru seemed to have had a talk with Litch.

"Say... I don't understand those two" Mahiru started as he approached the remaining two people.

"I feel like they aren't exactly partner's you know?"

"I... I see" Anim nodded, of course he already knew what's up. Those two are like the other two major people in this series. Anim looked at Kuro from the corner, seeing if he'll bother to explain anything but he too just looks away and shrugs.

Probably because he didn't wanted to engage in this conversation anymore.

"Ah.. Anyways... Let's head back then" Anim concluded, as the three started to walk back to the inn. Before Anim stopped Mahiru.

"Your going home" Anim told.

"H-huh? But why-"

"Because that's safer, and it's getting late."

"That's unreasonable"

"It's very reasonable, besides, Kuro and I will get home late and only going to lay around and ponder over things."

Mahiru rolled his eyes, but then again, not exactly wrong. So he agrees to just go home. Besides, Anim doesn't want Mahiru to get in unnecessary trouble.

So... Now it was just Kuro and Anim now, walking in the dimly lit streets, both were silent for a while. Before Anim started with the small talk cause he couldn't handle the silence.

"So... Not on good terms huh?" Not the best line to start with, but sure. Go on honey.

"Hm..."

"And... Is there anything you wanna share...? To avoid future inconvenience of course?"

"No... It's too troublesome anyways"

"That's not a good attitude. Are you sure?"

"Look is talking about attitude"

"Hey- what is that supposed to mean-" And then the two got off topic. If Anim wasn't distracted easily, he would have managed to get Kuro to spill it out a little bit at least. But the servamp managed to hide it for now.

He... He doesn't want Anim to find out about what he did in the past.

Little does he know, Anim knows. Of course, not in sentiment but in words but he knows... If only Kuro knew that Anim is more concerned about the coming future then the past.

The two made it back to the inn, then only Anim realized that this Cat just avoided his question like a champ.

"Hey- you- you avoided my question didn't you??" Anim stopped to clarify, both were just standing at the front porch.

"Hm... I don't know... Someone was more interested in proving that don't have a weird attitude" Kuro shrugged as he was about to slide open the front door.

"Because I don't- hey, you changed the topic again-!" Anim took a step forward, only to trip a little bit, "Fuc-"

Kuro had just in time turned to look back with the door fully opened, he hoped to let the smaller guy walk threw the door first... Then again, he didn't expect for the dude to stumbled right in his arms. Then both disbalance and both just fell back on the pavement.

Kuro, once again. Was the one who had to deal with the damage. While Anim got the luck to just fall face first on Kuro's chest. The blue hair Servamp groaned as Anim also lefted up from him a little bit.

"Aw gezz... Sorry Kuro, you good?" Anim asked as he looked down at the Servamp below him. Those tired eyes just staring back up at him with a frown and eyes like, 'do i look okay to you?'

"What... Are you guys doing...?" Misono was standing there with a mug of milk. Lily behind with his lips covered with his fingers to probably hide a grin.

The two just watched a servamp being pinned by his Eve. Kuro just looked at them as said, "I am being seduced"

"I- wha- WHAT-!?" Anim yelled a bit in pure surprise.

-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-

"Aham... So... We met this Litch guy" Anim sat with everyone, no one asked further questions about that front porch incident, thank god. Anim would have died by the embarrassment.

"And we met the servamp of greed" Anim added. Which caused Hugh  to raise his brow, "brother greed?"

Anim nodded, "hm... I suppose this Litch guy won't last very long..." Hugh added, which cause Misono to ask the reason why, to which the reply was, "because brother greed has the habit of killing his Eve's once he is bored of them"

"Hm... That means... Litch is under potential treat..." Anim muttered, "not just Litch, both of them are because Tsubaki will surely.." Anim trails off, causing all to hmm in response.

"Honestly, I wouldn't recommend mingling with him... But also need war power so it's... Hard to say" Hugh sighed, crossing his arms as Anim nods.

"Let's just see how it goes then..."

°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°-°

It's a new.. Night.

Anim sighed as he watched the gate of the concert hall... He knows their was no point in buying a ticket because the concert is rigged by Tsubaki to kill Lawless.

Then again... He needs to go, just in case something goes wrong like how it did with lily... Although... That guy should be here by now...

"Hey? What are you doing here?"

There is it, Blond braided, really sweet looking guy, Crantz Rosen, who promises to let us get the entery inside. Anim followed him for a while, with Kuro sitting on his head in his feline form.

Anim soon then spots the string girl outside the window. His que to dash towards the concert hall. Slowly and quietly, he slipped away from behind the blonde man.

Now he ran, ran to the concert hall, before he could open the gates he said something to Kuro, "Be... Prepared. Okay?" He told Kuro firmly, which the Servamp took notice off.

It's... It's twice that his Eve has told that. Hopefully... Hopefully it's just false intuition.

Anim then opened teh hall gates, only to meet with the sight of many corpses laid on the floor. Causing Anim's stomach to turn and turn around to actually process it.

It's so much blood... He didn't expect so much blood and corpse to be around, it's a horrible sight, even if the subclasses bodies vanish in air to become djins

Kuro placed a hand on Anim's back as saw how unprepared the Eve was just from the sight. "Hey you okay-"

"Brother Sloth, what kind of pathetic Eve do you even have? Can't take sight of a little bit of blood? And he is... Your Eve..? Ha..." Lawless voice echoes.

The Piano that Litch plays comes to an end as well as Anim finally was able to turn and look at the two in the eye.

This will be hard... He thinks... For Kuro, yes. But for Anim as well...