Memories That Flooded In

*Venti pov: slight angst warning*

I was shocked, I didn't expect that, my people would steal....they never did not even once...I wouldn't believe it one bit after all, they are people of free will....I know that... right? I was frozen in place ...as zhongli made that statement...he would never say such lies in this situation , this doesn't make sense at all!...I wonder what will zhongli say about this...

"... don't deny it....we were about to fix the mondstadt's dragonspine area, without any further compression that any survivors were left during the war...until the supplies were stolen so we cancelled the rehabilitation of the area" zhongli says with arms crossed...the mondstadt people start sweating... realizing they may have been caught.

"I-i will never.. believe that! Now way zhongli!! They wouldn't do such a thing!I know it..." I said with a worried expression...was it really true?

"Y-yeah Barbatos! We wouldn't do such disgrace!!" The people said to me....but was it really true...I couldn't process anymore... what's going on?

"V-venti...are you okay?" Zhongli tried grab my hand, but I quickly slapped him away with a small tear.

" Zhongli....are you sure your not lieing!?!" I shouted.. causing zhongli to go back and be surprised..

"Are you sure your not going to lie too me just like guizhong!?! Your just a big meanie liar who only likes to use people!!! What did guizhong do to deserve this! I hate you!" I shouted....as I rolled a snowball and threw it at zhongli which hits him on the face.. causing him to be more shocked as I ran away...I was ashamed....I didn't know anything...even when I was with everyone...when I was awake...

*Flashback 65 yrs ago estimate*

Well what a nice windy day! Today is the first ever lantern rite!!! I'm so excited as I stood on the mountains of liyue...today is morax's birthday too....he even got married with guizhong like years ago!...ago....well nevermind that! I thought to myself as I flew down to liyue..the place is so lively!?! Unexpected...but then as I walked I bumped to someone.... someone caught me.

"A-ahh!! I'm very sorry!!!!" I said as I started bowing out of nowhere..I don't want morax to see a terrible impression of me! Especially Infront of guizhong!!

"No it's okay....lift your head Barbatos...we are glad you came" wait what..I lift my head seeing morax...and guizhong giggling..as i jumped up embrassed.

"W-why! Why you!!!" I said angerly as guizhong starts laughing..she then approached me and tapped my shoulder.

"welcome Barbatos! Now still be polite as much as possible and enjoy morax's all year celebration! After all this is the first time he decided too host an event!" Guizhong said with sparkles in her eyes..as morax sigh looking away at us.

"It was guizhong's idea..I simply gave permission...this is just a way for the people of this Kingdom to express the built culture that the humans bulid upon thier own Accord....this was not by me alone but rather..them" morax said as he looked at everyone around us... lively...happy....I smiled...I can't believe that gloomy dragon can bulid such a civilized yet lively Kingdom....I wish I did the same...

"Well I think they did a great job!" I said as I patted morax back hard..as he twitches per pat...as guizhong laughs again.