Chapter 1

The Underground City, an abandoned project meant to escape the titans by living underground. After abandonment, the slum of a city was left to the descendants of those cast away by the capital. Murderers, criminals and thugs.

Nowadays, those occupying the streets consist of people unlucky to have been descended from such people. Many innocent people having to adapt to survive in the harsh environment. Though, some people thrive in such a place. I'm unsure on which kind of category I fall under.

At a very young age, I was abandoned. Having no memory of my parents I assume it was because they were unable to care for me. Like many desperate children, at 15 I found myself working for one of the many groups in the area. A gang is what most people would describe it as.

Knocking3 times on a door, I was mindful to not let the package slip from under my shirt. The wooden door slowly slipped open and I stepped inside, being led into another room.

Once in, I looked at the client and took the little bag out from under my shirt. I exchanged it for the correct amount of money before promptly leaving. I didn't want to stay any longer than what was necessary.

I adjusted the hood over my head, pulling it further to cover myself. Every inch of my body I kept hidden, for good reason. My hair was curly and my skin was olive, more pigmented than the pale people that live here. These attributes make me different to them, and differences cause conflicts and issues.

I inhaled sharply as a cloth was shoved into my mouth and my wrists were grabbed. It all happened within a second or two that I had no time to react. My eyes were covered and there was an impact to the side of my head knocking me unconscious. I had no time to scream, though if I had I doubt it would help.

~~~

"Whatdya think the new one will sell for?"

"Hm.. quite a bit. He's got nice skin and hair, and he's a man. If he were a woman he'd only be able to pop so many babies out."

What-?

I pulled my legs in towards myself in a more protective position. From what I could tell, nothing had physically happened to me other than the prior hit to my head.

"His hair's black and brown, that's unique. No normal persons hair would change colour like that."

I had an issue with the pigment in my hair, it would turn black when it grew to a certain length while my roots remained brown.

My eyes began to focus, my mouth was gagged and my arms and legs tied together, but I wasn't blindfolded anymore. I looked around to see that my ankle was chained down and I was in a house. 2 men were inside as well as a few other people in the same position as me.

Seeing no way to escape, I bit down on the gag in frustration. I looked to my side to see a boy of a similar age with black hair and grey eyes. He was sat against the wall while I was laid not even a meter from him. He noticed my gaze and looked back at me for awhile.

The staring contest didn't last long before he was dragged to his feet and taken to another room. I heard a commotion and a door slam.

"That little bastard ran off!"

It is possible to escape. I forced myself up onto my knees with a groan, I hated laying down. It made me feel vulnerable. I tucked myself tightly into the corner of the room in a defensive position.

It felt like days I was sat there, never sleeping for fear someone would come for me while I was out. Finally, the door opened. Men came in and began grabbing people and shoving them out.

One finally came towards me, unchaining my ankle and untying my legs so I could walk. As I was dragged to my feet I jerked my body away from him as hard as I could.