Chapter 3

On my way home, I stopped to look at the posters. I once again saw one with my masked face on it so I tore it down. I also saw another face, Levi's. His bounty was similar to mine though for different reasons, guess I could repay the favour of turning him in.

I returned home, grabbing some supplies then set off again back to Levi's home. I waited nearby until he left the house then followed close behind him and put a rag firmly over his mouth and nose. A simple technique, one that he was unable to escape. I struggled behind him, he had unusual endurance.

"You can't hold your breath forever~" I whispered into his ear.

He reached back and pulled my hair with one hand, trying to pry my hand away with the other. He was panicking which was perfect for me.

"Let yourself go, I won't harm you." I said.

He eventually passed out into my arms. I happily picked him up and carried him away. I reached my house not too soon after and carried him upstairs. I placed him on my bed and handcuffed him to the bed frame, then sat and patiently waited for him to wake up.

It didn't take long before he began to wake up. I leaned over as his fingers twitched slightly and his eyes flew open. He immediately sat up and swung at me.

I grabbed his wrist and pushed it down on his chest, smiling at him through the mask. He paused.

"Stop smiling." He said.

"How can you tell?"

"Your eyes."

I huffed and sat back. He stared at me and I stared back.

"So.. what're we doing?" He asked.

"You're staying here until I can arrange for someone to take you in to the mps, too risky for me to do it myself."

"Oh? You're gunna turn in the guy that saved you?"

"Don't pull that, you tried to turn me in~"

He glared at me.

"Hungry?" I asked, "I have a lot of meats and some eggs.. bit of bread."

"Meat? How did you manage that? It's rare down here."

"I have.. sources." I beamed as I got up and went to go make him some food.

I came back after 15 minutes and set a plate on his lap. He gave me a weird look and moved it off to the side.

"You probably slipped something in here."

I took a bite under my mask to prove to him it was fine. He didn't seem to believe me.

"Take that mask off so I can see you chew and swallow." He said.

"No, I'm not."

"Why not?"

"You don't need to see my face."

"I already know you probably have some kind of deformity on the side of your face, just take it off."

With his free hand he quickly swiped at my face, removing my mask before I had time to react. He stared at me, as if studying my face then sighed.

"It's not that bad." Levi got his fork and fed me a bite of the food I made.

I chewed, swallowed and leaned back, "Are you going to eat now?"

He hesitantly began eating my food.

"Hm.. is that what pork tastes like?"

"Pork?" I questioned.

"Is it not pork?"

"Guess you could call it pork.. the thing I got it from was basically a pig."