Chapter 2

Over the years, I got a name for myself. The Moonlight killer, I didn't particularly like the name or understand it. There's no moonlight down here and definitely no night, it's dark no matter what.

I hummed to myself as I cooked up some (totally not made from a person) bacon, and some egg in a pan. I now had a nice 2 story house with a small hidden garden to house 2 chickens I may have stolen.

I heard zipping so I walked to the window to see what it was. 3 people flew over the house with odm gear, being followed by a few mps. I watched for no more than a few seconds before I went back to cooking.

I looked down as I felt something attacking my leg. I playfully and gently kicked over the little cat I had adopted off the streets to keep me company.

"Shh Omelette." I leaned down and fed him some of the meat. He ate it then resumed hitting my leg, I rolled my eyes and let him since it wasn't exactly hurting.

I sat down and ate my food before leaving the house and setting off to work. I wandered into the dark part of town, keeping my hand firmly on the knife in my pocket. My hood was up and my mask on, covering me from those around me.

After the incident when I was 15, the cut had healed into a deep, noticeable scar with jagged edges that ran from the corner of my mouth along my cheek. I preferred to wear a mask over my face in order to hide anything people may perceive as weak.

I went to my usual spot and sat down on a crate, waiting for someone to approach me. Rumours spread easily down here, one of which being that I take people out and dispose of the body for a price.

Leaning back I began sharpening my knife. Eventually, someone approached me.

"You're.. the moonlight guy?"

I glanced up, seeing a familiar face. I put my knife away and got up.

"I know you.." I muttered trying to place him, "Not in a bad way I hope."

He continued to look back at me.

"Oh. You probably saw me using the odm-"

"Wait no, you stitched my face up." I cut him off.

He stared at me for a few moments more, then held out a bag of money.

"I don't need the body disposed. Just kill them."

"You're smaller than I remember." I leaned over him.

He pushed the bag into my hands and stepped away from me, "Probably because you were always on the floor, just kill the guy."

He turned to leave so I followed behind him, grabbing him by the waist and leaning over his shoulder, "You didn't tell me who I'm killing~"

He pushed me, I backed off a few steps. He gave me a name, I recognised it to be one of the higher ranking mps.

"Why him?" I asked.

"He's been almost catching up to us."

And with that he left. I watched his back as he disappeared then looked back at the money in my hand. I smiled to myself then went straight to the mp headquarters and knocked on the door.

I knocked on the door then as soon as it opened I began spouting about seeing people with odm gear and wanting the reward for their location.

Immediately I was taken into a room, it seemed like a confession room. I cracked the window open as I waited for someone to come in.

Conveniently the man I needed walked in, alone. Before he could get a word in I stabbed him in the throat and jumped out of the window. Not having to dispose of the body made my job so much easier.