Chapter 2

Published: 6/16/2016; Thursday; 7:13pm; Unedited

Chapter 2

I sat still in a chair, staring at the birds that hopped and tweeted on the table. My surroundings were limited, and I couldn't see below the from where I was. I reached out a finger slowly to the birds, humming gently.

It turned its head towards me, hopping closer curiously, I simply held out a finger patiently, still humming. It hoppped onto my finger and I smiled a bit, and raised it to my eye level, smiling at it.

It didn't fly away this time!

"Will you...be my friend?" I asked hesitantly. It tweeted and settled itself comfortably on my hand. "I'll take that as a yes!"

Suddenly gate opened and all the birds flew away, including the one I had on my finger. I set my hands in my lap, gripping the fabric of the dress I was in, turning to glare at the person who had me held captive in this damn cage.

"Hello, my Titania," he greeted with a fake and sick, sweet tone. "Looking beautiful as ever, my snow queen."

"I don't belong to you," I scowled, crossing my arms and looking away. "I'm my own person, so stop objectifying me."

He clicked his tongue a few times, coming over to sit in the chair next to me. He grabbed a strand of my hair and played with it, smelling it. I wanted to scoot away in disgust, but I knew I couldn't do anything to defy him.

I had no power here.

"So soft, your skin is smooth, and this dress..." He stroked my chin, "I have good taste in fashion." I scoffed. "Hmm, remember, I would love to just ravage you, seeing your helpless expression as I--"

"But you won't," I interrupted, seriously disturbed by him. But somehow managed to keep my face straight.

He frowned, "That's right. I would never force you to do something against your will, my darling."

"Then you should let me out."

"I can't do that, for you are my Titania, my fairy queen! And I am Obreyon, King of Fairies and God of this world!"

"A God? Please," I laughed, "All I see is a coward hiding behind a curtain of false power."

He grit his teeth, eyes narrowing at me.

'How long must I stay like this?'

~*~*~*~*~

"Are you sure?" Asuna whispered, clutching Ume's frail hand as she stared at the Kirito wide-eyed. "Are you sure?"

Kirito nodded without a word and pulled out the picture Agil had given him and showed it to Asuna. She gasped, letting out a sort of throaty noise before crying again.

It was blurry, sure, but it was definitely Ume.

"What do we do?"

"You," he laced his hands on her shoulders, "are not doing anything. I'm going to go in there, and I'm going to bring her back."

"But--"

"No. I'm not risking you ending up like Ume."

"And you want me to risk you instead?!" She hissed, tears pooling in her eyes. He gave her a reassuring smile, caressing her cheek.

"Hey, I got everyone out the first time, I'll do it again if I need to."

She stared at him, searching for something, and nodded once she found it.

Determination.

He was going to bring her back, no matter what it took.

"Just be careful, okay?" She whispered, resting her head in the crook of his neck.

"Of course."

But everyone knows how reckless Kirito is, so she knew not to take his word for it.

This was where the next struggle began, but also the start of something else.