Chapter 14

Published: 310517; Wednesday; 11:42pm; Unedited

He watched them struggle against the new magic that had yet to be released, uncaring for their pain-- especially his. Kirigaya Kazuto, also known as, The Hero Kirito.

He scowled.

"Can't lift a finger, huh? It was going to come out in the next update, Gravity Magic, but... maybe it's too overpowering?" he stepped on Kirito's head, glaring down at the younger. "The strings I pulled just to be able to be in that marriage contract-- my marriage was final, I was going to have not only my father's riches, but the Narashi's as well! All my plans, my future, my wife-- slipping right from my fingers because of you." Sugo yelled in frustration, turning his furious gaze to Ume, who glared right back. "You family pulled from the deal, the marriage contract is void, but that doesn't mean I can't keep you here."

Ume's breath picked up, fear settling in and realization hitting her hard. She could potentially be trapped here with Sugo for the rest of her life.

"Not only that," he laughed, as if not believing it himself, "but the authorities were tipped off by someone and are trying to get a warrant for my research. They'll see where all three hundred minds have been stuck and I-- I'll be RUINED."

"I couldn't care less about where you end up," Ume spat, "though I would prefer six feet under, maybe further."

"Hush, darling," he soothed, picking up Kirito's sword, "the men are talking. Kirigaya-kun-- no, I suppose I should call you Kirito-kun, shouldn't I? Tell me, how did you manage to get all the way up here? I saw a strange program earlier but it was easily terminated, so it must have been something else..."

"How did I get here?" Kirito echoed, "With my wings." Sugo pursed his lips before shrugging, examining Kirito's sword instead, swinging it around.

"Doesn't matter either way, you'll eventually tell me the truth if I simply question your mind instead."

"What?"

Sugo chuckled, "You don't think that I created this just to keep three hundred players trapped, did you? What could I do? Ransom?" He help the sword firmly, smiling maniacally down at him as Ume closed her eyes.

She hadn't told Kirito about what was happening to the other players.

"Thanks to their full cooperation, the fundamental research for the manipulation of emotion and thought is already eighty percent complete. That which has never been achieved by another, the direct manipulation of the human soul, the power of a god! Just a bit more and it will all be in my hands!" He cackled, "Honestly thank you virtual reality!"

"You won't..." Ume started, "I told you...this is all...going to bite you in the ass! You won't ever get away with this, bastard!"

"And who is going to stop me, huh, dear?" He walked over to her, pointed the sword down at her, "There is no god in this world but me." He smirked when he was hit with an idea. "Now, before I alter your souls, how about some fun, hm?"

He snapped his fingers, some chains fell from the abyss from above, landing right before Ume, who sent a disgusted look at them.

He wouldn't...no, he couldn't be planning...

Sugo kneeled, swiftly strapping the cuffs at the end of the chains to her wrists, before standing again, snapping his fingers once again. The pull of the chains is what made her get up, though she could barely move due to the still active gravity magic, if anything, it hurt more than being down for the count, her feet hung an inch off the platform.

"If I can't have you out in the real world, I'll just have to half you here, won't I, my darling?" He purred, tracing his fingers down her neck before pulling the blue ribbon keeping her dress together at the top, ripping it open in impatience. Ume clenched her eyes shut, and Kirito shouted at Sugo to stop.

It all fell on deaf ears.

Her brain barely processed Sugo stabbing Kirito with his sword.

(Her ears rung, white noise filtering in instead as she felt those disgusting fingers touching her.)

Even after all that had happened...

(His mouth set on her neck, her mind blanked.)

This was it, wasn't it.

(He got on his knees, ripping the rest of the dress in order to caress her legs, slipping up to her thighs.)

This is where it all fell apart, when her hope was at its highest. Even after surviving that death game created by her Uncle, she still wouldn't be free.

'Uncle...' her thoughts wandered, 'I'm sorry.'

("Don't be.")

Her eyes snapped open at what she thought was a whisper. Only to meet a kneeling Kirito instead, who Sugo had yet to noticed as he continued his ministrations.

"Compared to the damage I felt from that place, this is nothing." He gritted out , standing on his feet despite the even heavier gravity, the sword falling from his abdomen. "They hurt far more than this!"

"There's still some bugs, huh?" Sugo huffed in annoyance, getting up, and going to hit Kirito. To his shock, Kirito caught it.

Ume looked on with dull eyes, did he stand a chance?

Kirito looked over his arm, glaring at Sugo with an intensity that she hadn't seen since...

She jerked against the chains-- no way...

"System Login: ID Heathcliff."