Epilogue

Published: 08012018; Monday; 2:17am; Unedited

"System Login: ID Heathcliff."

System panels manifested themselves around Kirito, circling around him to show all data and and panels he had access to.

Sugo jerked back, "What?!" He shoved Kirito's hand away, taking steps back. "Whose ID is that?!"

"System command: change administrator authorities... Set ID Oberon to Level One." A notification pops to life in front of Sugo, whose jaw dropped at the sight of it.

"It- it outranks mine?! That shouldn't be possible! I'm the king! I am the ruler! The creator! King of this world! I am God!" The gravity spell below them whirred to a stop, dissipating into nothing. There was no longer a weight puller Ume down, who breathed carefully, her wrists still in pain from only being held up by the chains.

"Face reality, Sugo." Sugo glared at Kirito with an intensity that was turning insane, "This was never your world, you stole it. Nearly a copy of what it once was. You're simply a thief who thought himself king upon a plundered throne." He stated calmly, he was collected, there was no way that Sugo stood a chance.

Not when it came down to actual skill.

"You child...brat...how dare you...to me...you're ruining everything!" He gritted his teeth harshly, livid. He held out his hand, "System Command: Generate object ID Excalibur!" There was a moment of silence as nothing happened. Sugo stomped his foot like a child throwing a tantrum, "Obey me, you piece of shit! These are your God's orders!"

As he yelled profanities at the nothingness around them, as if it would make the system listen to him, Kirito glanced over to meet Ume's gaze. Her whole body was shaking, most likely from Sugo's previous actions, his eyes hardened at her state. She looked at him with hope shining in her eyes.

"I'll be right over, I will get you out," he told her gently, voice reaching surprisingly clear over Sugo's shrieking, and Ume let out a breath. She had to believe he could do it.

He could do it. He would do it.

She nodded, relaxing her body so it wasn't so tense, making her wrists hit, the chains clanking and rattling. Kirito glared at them with disgust and hatred, he needed to hurry.

"System Command: Generate object ID Excalibur!" Now that he knew that the object actually existed and that he could use it, he would, because hey, he doesn't mind being a bit petty and rubbing it in Sugo's face. Sugo whirled around, snarling at Kirito, who grabbed the handle of the golden weapon that materialized immediately. "A single command able to summon a legendary weapon, huh?" he commented bitterly before tossing it to Sugo who caught it clumsily. "Let's settle this then," he stepped on his sword, making it twirl in the air before catching it with practiced ease.

It couldn't be considered a fight.

After adjusting the pain tolerance levels, Sugo was mortified. He still tried to hold up, but ultimately failed. Kirito had stabbed through his face, hitting his eye directly.

Sugo's character, Oberon, shattered into digital pieces and the chains holding Ume up vanished. Ume's leg shook before giving out, and Kirito ran, sliding to catch her.

"What took you so long?" she smirked weakly up at him, and she scoffed. "I...didn't think you would come for me."

"Are you kidding? Of course I would," Kirito rolled his eyes as Ume cracked a smile.

"Yeah, I guess I should've known, what with your hero complex and all-" Kirito spluttered, looking at her incredulously.

"I don't remember asking to be attacked."

"Oh, shut it, you drama queen-"

"As funny as it is to watch you bickering, I don't appreciate you holding my niece with her top bare for you to look at, Kirigaya Kazuto."

Both Ume and Kirito looked over to where a man in a lab coat floated down from the abyss. Ume's face flushed as she scrambled to cover herself and Kirito looked anywhere but in her direction.

"U-uncle! You're here!"

"I am," he smiled at her, "and I have something for you two. How you use it, however, is up to you."

-

Kazuto ran in the snowfall, it was some late hour, pitch black outside as the crystals fell from the sky.

As he reached the hospital, he noticed the flashing lights from the police cars, holding a screaming male.

"She's mine! I am her fiance! Let me go you imbeciles!" Sugo shrieked, thrashing in the hold of the men of authority. Kazuto watched as he was shoved in the police car, watching them drive off, eyes meeting crazed ones and saw Sugo scream again, in rage.

He shook his head and ran in the building, not caring that visiting hours were long over and that he didn't have an overnight pass. He made his way up, using the stairs instead as to not waste time.

Reaching the room he was looking for, he scanned his card and entered, and there, sitting up on her bed, helmet set on the table next to her bed, was Ume. She blinked, looking away from the window and to him, surprised to see him.

"Kazuto..." she whispered, voice raspy from the lack of use.

"Ume..." his body moved before he realized, climbing onto her bed and hugging her, so carefully, so afraid that she would break at the slightest pressure. "You're awake."

"Couldn't do it without you..." her arms weakly held onto his back. They were silent for fifteen minutes, simply basking in each other's presence and comfort before Ume pushed him away, her eyes glinted with determination. "Kazuto."

"Ume?" he questioned, not liking that she had distanced herself. Her hands reached up, grabbing his cheeks, and he stared, unblinking.

"I have to tell you, after all of this, I have to." She didn't wait for a response this time, not wasting her chance. "Kirigaya Kazuto, I am ridiculously, stupidly, unfathomably in love with you."

She pulled his face towards hers and molded their lips together.