Chapter 11

Published: May; 05/12/2017; Friday; 1:25am; Unedited

It was one thing to say what the card was, it was another trying to prove it. Kirito sliced through another monster from the Workd Tree, they were endless and ridiculously strong, it all seemed like too much for a mission that was meant to 'test if you are strong enough' to enter the World Tree. It was more as if...

As if it wasn't meant to be for players to enter.

After his first attempt of fighting his way by himself, waking up early to go without Sugu (and failed because she knew he would pull something like that and saved him), he had immediately realized that the guardian monsters were too strong for anyone to possibly beat them.

Like a rigged race.

Cheating.

"Papa..." he glanced to Yui, who looked up at him from the jacket pocket, "Ume-san gave you that card for a reason, she knows you can do it."

Kirito's lips formed a straight line, before nodding.

If Ume, of all people, believed he could do it, he would do it.

Because he can do it.

"Kirito-kun!" he turned around at the call of his name, surprised at who he saw, "Need some help?"

[+..••]

There was a strange feeling a serenity that i felt as I waited, all alone in a prison-- a cage-- made especially for me. Wings that wouldn't let me fly, and a re-designed dress by my captor for the sole reason to piss me off, I felt calm.

Calm, because I knew I wouldn't have to endure this much longer. Because I wouldn't have to live in fear of being soiled by a man I despise with my whole being.

Because it was Kirito I entrusted that card with, I knew I would be fine.

(Wishful thinking at its finest.)

I stared down, outside of the cage, the vast land that I had only travelled a portion of looked minuscule and almost like nothing from up here. For such a beautiful place, it made me sick to look at.

All these players...people who have no idea what the true purpose of this game is. A cover-up.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, slowing my thoughts to a halt. I would only upset myself thinking about such, right now I should think about what to do once I wake up in the real world.

Eating some red bean buns is at the top of my list.

The second...

I glanced down, a shock going through my body, as if letting me know that something was going on. My lips twitch upwards and turn away from the edge to sit at the table.

The cage door opens five minutes later and I glare at the blond figure at the entrance, who sent me a smile as he came to sit with me, the door closing behind him.

"Have you had enough time, my dear?"

"Go fuck yourself, you disgusting piece of shit."

The second is to finally meet Kazuto in real life.