forty three - the crowd ordeal

"Oh my god, the bangs?"

Lucy strode into the apartment with a bottle of tequila in her hand, her eyes staring at Gwen's hair in amazement.

Gwen, still standing at the door, shut it behind her and shrugged.

"Needed a change."

Desperately.

"I love them," Lucy smiled, sitting the bottle on the counter and walking over to where Gwen was idling, placing her hands on the dark hair and frizzing it up a bit. "Super sexy."

"Yea?"

"Definitely. Way too hot to handle," Lucy winked.

Gwen was glad. Because when she woke up at twelve in the afternoon, a slight headache with the bitter taste of alcohol sitting on her tongue, she felt confused when she realized there were short strands of hair sitting on her forehead.

And then when she remembered the events of the day prior, she only felt dismay.

Well, until she remembered the conversation she had with Nine on the fire escape.

Then she felt horny.

"I'm just glad they don't look like shit," Gwen admitted, walking over and plopping herself on the couch next to the black cat.

Lucy shook her head at her from the kitchen, "No shot. Even if you had baby bangs, you'd still look fine as hell."

Gwen doubted that, but her mind still went back to the "goth hot" she was called by Liam and Val, the same day Nine stated she wasn't hot at all.

"It just feels different."

The redhead was grabbing two glasses, "The hair or..."

Gwen knew she was asking if she was talking about the spontaneous cut she'd given herself or the stitches hiding under her hair now.

But she really wasn't sure how to answer.

"Both?"

"Understandable. I've got this wicked scar on my hip from one of my first missions. Everyone has them."

She knew she was right.

Even Nine, who seemed polished to absolute perfection by some higher entity had scars from cuts and scrapes over his chest, hiding beneath the dark ink of his tattoos.