ninety seven - the haunting ordeal

With everything going on in Gwen's life, she thought that if she ever faced danger, she'd be a fighter and not a flyer

She proved to be hard-headed, and usually too competitive for her own good. When someone had expectations of her in the past, she either did the exact opposite just to prove that person wrong, or she would go above and beyond their idea of what she would do.

There was never really an in between.

Brady was always talking about the future.

But Gwen couldn't see anything in her future without Harry in it anymore. A date gone awry, a bullet in the man's hand and the first time she'd ever seen those daring green eyes. Those things she once thought set her life astray instead led to fate of Gwen wanting nothing more than to have him back.

Because of this, when Gwen awoke to a familiar ceiling and a pounding, seemingly never-ending headache within her skull, she was certain that everything anyone ever thought of her, including herself, would be proven correct.

She would be a fighter.

Shit, because of Harry, she already was.

And she was not going to fucking back away from everything she'd grown to know in these last few months simply because he wanted her safe. Simply because the most selfish and arrogant man she'd ever met found his weakness-- her. Simply because he decided that she was the only thing in the world he'd grown to hate with such a passion that he could not be selfish towards.

No, she was going to get him back.

The events of their last remaining moments together flooded her mind in the instant that she took a sharp intake of breath in, her head lulling to the side to see their armchair that was always in its same spot staring at her.

Within seconds, a familiar blonde was in front of her with concerned eyes, his mouth moving but her ears unhearing anything coming from his lips.

She groaned and held up a hand, signaling for him to stop.

It only took Gwen a few seconds to force herself onto her bottom, nearly all of her energy leaving at the exertion and dizziness following the moment blood rushed to her head and everywhere else in her body.

She grasped the side of her temple, only to wince aggressively at newfound pain that she could only assume was from Harry's gun.

Snippets of Niall's words began reaching her ears.

"What--" followed by "even--" and "careful", fading in and out as if she was turning the volume up and down on her brain's own accord.

Gwen couldn't help the glare that she sent up at him.

His mouth moved some more, a sarcastic look on his face before he settled in the chair where she had been staring, a glass of water now directly in front of her on the coffee table of what she could guess was his input to ease her pain.