Chapter 1- Endlessness (Loki)

(Spoiler alert warning)

This takes place after the events of Loki season 2. While large portions may not be accurate, I am still writing it as I want it to ease my thoughts because a) that ending messed me up and b) I really think lokius deserved more time and growth because that chemistry was insane. So just to recap, this will not be 100 percent accurate, but I don't care and I don't care if you do. 

How long has it been? You lose track of time when, well, when time is being held in your hands. I'm consumed by the beauty of it, but it only lasts so long. Then the endlessness of eternity stares me in the face. I find myself thinking about my life, what once was. Sure it wasn't ideal, or exactly pain free, but I miss it. Especially the end. Finally, I found a home, and while the TVA began as a cage of sorts, it in the end set me free.

Oh look at me. I'm the god of mischief not sappiness.

I often wonder about my friends. What lives are they leading without me? I try to look into the time I'm holding, but there is nothing to see. So I made it up.

OB, what would he be doing? He stayed at the TVA, I'm almost sure of it. Working on something new everyday. I wonder if he's also writing sci-fi, like I saw him after the.. first failure I guess?

B-15, she's probably still at the TVA. Keeping everything running smoothly, she was always a strong figure.

Casey- is he with OB? I think they could learn a lot from each other. Or maybe Casey went to find his life outside of the TVA.

Oh wait. I hope not.

And Sylvie. Oh gods I'm not sure.

Not about where she is. She is almost definitely living outside of the TVA. Working at a fast food restaurant. Driving an old truck. Taking up hobbies. Yes, she is doing well.

What I am unsure of is our relationship. Yes, anything romantic is gone, but was it really there to begin with? There was no pull to her romantically, or sexually, other than the odd impulse. But it didn't really mean anything, did it? And then there is the continued matter of us both being, us. Perhaps it's a sibling bond? Not unlike Thor? I have to be honest, I haven't thought about him much. We left off on a fairly bad point. But he has the real me doesn't he? Or am I mixing up time again? It doesn't matter anyway.

Thinking about everyone is a relief, a break in the endlessness. But one person claims my thoughts the most... Mobius.

He was... my best friend. I was safe with him, a feeling I have somehow managed to evade my entire life. But was there more?

As I play through my memories, once a cage but now freedom, just like the TVA, I can't help but notice the little things. His laugh. His touch. His calm and light manner. I put him through hel, but he was still there. He trusted me when I didn't even trust myself. His features. His face. The way he saw me, not a threat, from the very beginning.

I often think about when I was trapped in my memory.

"You are alone, and you always will be."

And then he appeared.

Who am I to him? And who is he to me? Answers I won't ever know the answer to, no matter how long I have.

And I have a very long time.

If I had just 5 minutes, not that time matters much anymore, but nevertheless, if I had it, what would I ask him?

"If we had more time, what would we have become?"