Author's Note

Am I behind on finishing the second installment of Finley and Harlyn's story? Yes. Have I been in an All of the Game trance for months? Also yes. This story wouldn't leave me alone. So, I thought I would share it with y'all.

A little background: A couple months ago, I was doing research for Finley & Harlyn Book 3. It was just going to be a little question about what an A&E visit in the UK was like, how it was different from the ER in the States. I then proceeded to get hyper fixated on a show called 24 Hours in A&E where they film the emergency department at this huge hospital in London. Of course, I got ideas. Many ideas. One of them was "What if my favorite ships met because one of them was a nurse and the other was a patient?" And thus, the ER Nurse AU was born. (In my head, at least. Please tell me if this is already a thing.)

At first, I wasn't sure about Neil and Andrew, but once I started thinking about it, the idea wouldn't leave me alone. I couldn't sleep. I've been obsessing over this instead of writing my actual book in the little free time I've had the last few weeks. You're welcome?

TW/CW: There are mentions of blood, stitches, needles, etc. Medical stuff that you can expect in an ER. So beware if that's a bit much for you. Also, canon-typical content - violence, blood, mentions of rape/non-con, etc.

Also, as a side note (that may be a warning for some people), I'm not a nurse or a doctor. I did my best to be medically accurate, but there are probably things that are wrong.

Enjoy!