Do You Love Me?

As Hannibal finished drying the last dish from tonight's dinner, he put up the dish and threw his towel on the counter. A knocking came from the front door. He gave a quick puzzling look at the door, wondering who was visiting him at such a late hour. After another knock, he walked over, and looked through the peep hole. Will stood on the other side. Hannibal quickly opened the door, Will looking up at him, looking a little nervous, but otherwise fine.

"Hello, Will. Odd hours for a visit from you, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine, I just... I had a realization on the way home from work, and needed to talk to you about it." Will looked down at the ground, standing unsteadily.

"Sure, come in, let me get you something to drink." Will stepped in, walking behind Hannibal as he closed the door. "Would you like water, wine, whiskey? I recently got a bottle of 1997 Giuseppe Quintarelli Al-"

"Hannibal, do you love me?" Will interrupted, turning around to face Hannibal again.

"Excuse me?" Hannibal was surprised, and before he could fully process and understand the question, Will stepped towards him, gently pressing his lips to his. Hannibal didn't even have the time to close his eyes, or realize Will was kissing him, before Will quickly backed up, looking at Hannibal, stilling awaiting his answer. 

They both stood still and silent for a bit, Hannibal just looking at Will, still processing. A shocked realization appeared on Will's face.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude on you like this. I apologize, I'll- I'll just leave." As Will attempted to pass Hannibal, and walk to the door, Hannibal reached out, grabbing Will's wrist. 

"Wait..." Hannibal mustered. Will turned back to face Hannibal again, Hannibal stepping closer to Will. Everything happened slowly, Hannibal hoping that he wouldn't scare Will away. Hannibal placed his hand on Will's face, his thumb caressing his cheek, as he looked at him.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to do this, I was just... I don't know.... thinking something-" Will started, attempting to gently remove Hannibal's hand, but before he could finish his sentence, Hannibal leaned down and returned the kiss to Will, a kiss that was more sure than the last. They broke the kiss for a moment; for Hannibal, to make sure Will was okay with this; and for Will, to make sure he wasn't hallucinating.

As if catching on to Will's unsurety with reality at the moment, Hannibal touched his forehead to Will's, closing his eyes.

"Your name is Will Graham, it's Monday, March 11th, the time," Hannibal looked down on his wrist watch, "10:44 p.m. This is real." A sense of relief filled Will, as he wrapped his arms around Hannibal, and laid his head on his chest. Hannibal hugged him close.

"To answer your question, yes." Hannibal ran his fingers through Will's curls. "It seems my admiration for you has gone far, but I never wanted to tell you out of fear, I assume. Not that you wouldn't reciprocate the same feelings, rather that you would wish to never see me again, that you would want me dead for ever having this feeling. You don't know the comfort this brings to me." Will hugged him tighter, Hannibal leaning his head down to kiss the side of Will's head.

The two stood, wrapped together, for minutes, Hannibal being the one to pull away. He looked at Will, his hand falling to the side of Will's arms, Will's hands resting at Hannibal's waist, and placed a kiss on Will's forehead.

"Stay here for the night, it's late and a long drive back to your place. You can have my bed and I'll sleep on the couch, if need be."

"I want to stay next to you for the night. I'm still not entirely sure this is a messed up dream curated from my mind to mess with me," Will responded.