Chapter 7: The Astrals in the Moon

They teleported back to the HQ of the Astrals, which basically just was a bunch of stars that lit up the surroundings with a magnetic blue haze. It was empty, which was kind of rare because Aquarius is usually in the lobby, doing whatever he does. 

Capricorn raised their arms above their head, stretching as the two landed in the floating, stardust filled place known as space.

Capricorn: "It's... so weird not having ground below my feet... that's just me being a goat but..."

Pisces nodded as she twisted her back to stretch it.

Pisces: "I like it, I like floating."

Capricorn: "Floating's neat too, I guess. I would just feel more comfortable with something underneath me."

Pisces was at a loss for words, they liked not having the ground beneath them, I mean, she is a fish and loves swimming. It felt like swimming because of the no gravity statement. She plays with her slightly webbed fingers anxiously as she looked around, her mind trying to wonder back to Lunar and what their quest was. It was like she was trying to forget something. She swallowed hard as her tail twitched.

Pisces: "...We should start to convince our 'siblings' to join our side, we don't want to keep Lunar waiting..."

Pisces looked away, she actually seemed down for once, she never was down. She didn't dare look Capricorn in the eye.

Capricorn didn't notice how sad Pisces was until they turned around. She was crouching in more on herself than usual, she would normally stand up so tall, what changed?

Capricorn: "...Pisces? Fishy, are you okay?"

Pisces folded her arms.

Pisces: "I- I just- speaking about the earthling I fell for with you and Lunar, it just brung up memories, memories I really, really miss. I guess talking about it made it hurt more that he's gone."

Pisces crouched more into herself as she said the last part of her sentence.

"It was so hard to say good-bye..."

Capricorn: "Oh....oh."

They reached out hesitantly before patting their friend's shoulder, ignoring how cold their scales were. They kept silent, not knowing what to say or do other than just that. 

Pisces started to tear up, the seawater-like tears slid down her face as she began sobbing, she used her sleeve to dry her tears, but they kept falling. She then turned around and slightly pounced onto Capricorn, diving and clinging onto their friend, searching for comfort.

They were surprised at first, but instead just welcomed her into a hug. They didn't know what to say, just hugged her instead. They were rubbing circles into her back as they let her cry into the small patches of fur on their shoulder.

Pisces clinged and dug their blunt fingers gently into their fur as they kept on crying, it's been a while since they cried around Capricorn. She was always so bouncy and happy, how could anyone have guessed this is what was on the inside? She's sensitive after all. Pisces apologized through sobs and grasped onto them tighter.

They could slightly feel her grasp on them getting tighter.

Capricorn: "You're fine, fishy. You're okay, it's alright. I'm here. You don't have to apologize. It's okay to cry."

Pisces: "Thank you.."

The crying gets calmer as she loosens her grip more but still is holding onto Capricorn. She stops crying and instead of her gripping onto their shoulder, she gets held in a hug.