Lessons learned

(Y/ns pov)

I woke up the next morning ready to start my day I went into the bathroom to brush through my hair and put my uniform on once I was finished getting ready I walked out put my shoes on and headed to the Great hall for breakfast.

When I arrived I walked up to my friends and that's when I saw someone I barely spoke with but knew he existed it was Lorenzo Berkshire he was friends with Blaise and in our house so I knew of him I sat in my usual spot by Mattheo.

"Hey where's Pansy?" He asked as he put his arm around my shoulders. "She's still in the dorm she should be down in a few minutes." I stated as he nodded I got some food on my plate and began eating it when Pansy joined us "god I already want to go home!" She nearly shouted as she sat next to Draco.

"Well hello to you too." Blaise sarcastically replied to her "oh y/n what classes do you have?" Mattheo asked me and I handed him my schedule "awesome we have most of the same classes together." Most? I wonder who I had all my classes with if it wasn't Mattheo.

"The only class we don't have together is potions." He began "oh no what am I supposed to do in potions without you?" I say sarcastically and he laughed "Snape probably realized you were cheating off of him all year last year." Draco stated which we was probably right.

"But don't worry you won't be alone in that class you'll have Blaise Enzo and Theo." That was a little reassuring but the fact I was stuck with Blaise was too much "yeah and don't try cheating off us either." Blaise had so rudely said "like I'd even think about that Blaise you are not the smartest person out there." I reply back not really caring if I hurt his feelings he began to act so offended but we all just laughed and got up to go to class.

My first class was potions so me Blaise Enzo and Theo went to the dungeons to go to class "quick if we go now we'll be able to make it to the common room." Blaise basically just tried to get us to skip class "Blaise you know we can't." Enzo spoke for the first time today and Blaise looked at Theo "come on man!" He shook his head "don't look at me I'm not risking my chances of getting kicked out before the year starts." Blaise looked disappointed then he turned to me and I knew what he was doing "Blaise get in the classroom." He sighed "yes ma'am" and walked inside the classroom.

I saw Hermione in the classroom and turned to Blaise "I'll catch up with you guys after class." He nodded and I went over and sat next to her "there you are! I was hoping we had classes together." She said handing me her schedule I looked at it and she had so many classes but I didn't question her "we have a few." I said handing it back and she smiled.

Professor Snape came in then and looked at all of us "we have assigned seats and I can tell you that non of you are in the correct seats." He began and of course we had assigned seats we did every year he pointed at me "Ms. Lupin you are at the table in the back the one that Mr. Malfoy is at in his seat and Malfoy you are where she was sitting move please." We get up and switch seats I was now sat next to Crabbe who I didn't like as much as I did Draco.

Snape kept moving people when I heard him say "Mr.Nott you are to switch seats with Crabbe." They got up and moved of course I had to be sat next to him if all people I barely speak to him.

Snape began again "today is a rather easy day look beside you at your partner." He began speaking and Theo and I looked at each other then back to Snape "I want half a page of things that you learned about them and what their favorite potion is and why begin please." I looked around and noticed that it will be easy for Blaise as he is sat next to Enzo while I'm stuck with Theo.

"Okay so how do you want to do this?" He asked me like I knew the answer "I don't know." I say almost questioning my answer. "Okay well Y/n in case you didn't know my name is Theodore Nott and my house is Slytherin."I laughed a bit I already knew that "well Theodore the name is Y/n Lupin and I'm also in Slytherin in case you didn't know." He laughed a bit too "okay serious now what do I need to know about you?" I honestly don't know I can't answer a question I didn't know.

"Y/n come on there has to be something." Like what? I can't find an answer "okay what do you want to know?" He shrugged his shoulders and finally we got somewhere at the end of class Snape collected the parchment that we had written on and Theo and I grabbed a our bags and headed out of the room and waited for Blaise and Enzo then headed off to Divination.

As we're walking up the long stairs to the classroom Blaise began complaining "why are there so many stairs!" We all just laughed at him and finally made it up the stairs Harry waved me over to them but so did Mattheo and in this moment I was torn my two best friends wanted me to sit with them and I didn't want to disappoint either of them I felt a hand on my shoulder it was Theo's hand.

"Hey you alright?" He asked me and the truth was I didn't know "oh uhm yeah I just don't know where to sit." He looked up from me and saw what I was seeing "go sit with them you have care of magical creatures after this right?" I nodded "okay I'll tell Mattheo you'll be with us then." I nodded and went and sat by Harry I turned to look back at Mattheo and he looked a little upset but understanding.

"Hey being in different houses suck." Harry said and I nodded out of nowhere Hermione showed up as professor Trelawney was going on about something she kinda irritated me i couldn't understand her "ooo do me!" Hermione said and our professor grabbed her hand and began rambling on about something and she got upset and pushed the crystal ball off the table and just before the end of class then left the room we grabbed our stuff and walked out I walked out with Harry and Ron when we stopped and Harry picked up the ball.

"we need to give it back." Ron and I shook our heads "we're not going back in there!" He stated and Harry turned around "I'll be right back!" As he took off the rest of the way and we stood there waiting for his return when a hand grabbed mine pulling me with them I noticed that the hand wasn't one I recognized it wasn't Mattheo's.