Beauty is the new color, Gingko

"Tomoka? Tomoka?"

Tomoka felt very woozy once she felt her consciousness awakening again. She heaved herself up, wincing as her blue eyes looked around. Everything around her is so blurry, too blurry. Wait. Her glasses had fallen off.

"Donnie?" She whimpered. "Is that you? Where.. Where are you? I can't see."

She gasped when she noticed an object being held by someone. It was her glasses. She reached in and put them on. Blinking her eyes, she adjusted her surroundings and noticed that she was somewhere away from the shipwrecks.

"Wait a minute. Where is everyone?"

"I don't know," Donnie squeaked, who had been kneeling down next to her. "We got seperated. You were knocked unconscious and I had to carry you away from here. We had been chased by the two Mechs and we needed to find help. I am sure April will be able to find us." He reached in for his phone and pressed the call button. "Please, please, please, pick up."

"This is April."

"April!" Donnie exclaimed with relief. "It's Donnie! We're in Times Square. There's a robot chasing us- "

"And I wanna know why you're leaving a voicemail. Just text."

"I don't think she'll answer, Don," Tomoka squeaked, her Miracle walking up to her side, squeaking. Suddenly, a loud crash made them yelp. Mech 7 and 4 hard crash through the electric billboard, sending them falling. Panicking, Donnie grabbed Tomoka's hand and leaped onto the rooftop, panting.

"The Mechs are getting closer!" she cried. They headed down the other side as Donnie tried to protect his phone. "Come on, April. Pick up already!" The Mech 7 tried to attack Tomoka. She screamed and flailed before she and Donnie slid down to another platform and avoided the robot.

Again Donnie text. "Please send help. S.O.S." As he finished with the text, the mech knocked Donnie and Tomoka down the rafters. The phone fell down and landed on the ground. The two turtles followed and were relieved that it was still functioning. Donnie reached in but then the phone slipped and fell into the sewer grate.

"Oh, come on!" The two turtles looked over to see the Mech getting back up.

"Not now, please," Tomoka whimpered, holding Miracle tightly. Donnie grabbed her hand and they bolted out of the alley and to the street. They need to get away from the Mech as much as possible but where? Looking over, Donnie spotted what appears to be a subway station that leads to the underground lane. The turtles headed over to the lamp post but it was red.

"Hey," a person called out, "can we get an autograph?"

"It can wait!" Tomoka called out. "Evil beep boops after us."

With no choice, the two turtles ran through the sidewalk and down the stairs of the station. Pressing the button frantically, the door closed but Mech 4 had grabbed Donnie's ankle. "Ow! What'd ever do to you?"

Desperate, Tomoka started stomping the Mech until the arm came off, making the doors closed. They all scream in fear, clutching to each other as the elevator goes down. Shakened and wearily, the two turtles stumble out.

Blinking their weakened blue eyes, they look up to see two officers, who are eating cream cheese. "Hey, officers," Donnie spoke up weakly, holding the robotic arm. "Are we glad to see you? I got a crazy story to tell you but... I think we're gonna pass out now."

Finally, the two turtles fainted.

"Whoa whoa whoa, slow down, kids," The officer told them after they had woken up from their shock. They were cuffed to a table in their office with Miracle held captive in a cage. "You're not making any sense."