Umisuiren and the Seahorse

Shira and Leo continued on heading down until they reached the end of the line where the ladder was waiting for them. And it was so embarrassing that they needed to bring a pigeon with them. Their parents had told them that Pete needed some air and fun so they were tasked to do it. Quite an embarrassment.

Pete squeaked and pecked his feathers once Leo read the fortune cookie before eating it. "Pete, will you just listen to us? We're supposed to be in the air. Come on, man. We have to go up top. Pigeon Pete?"

But Pete was not listening.

"Beakfaces are so stupid," Shira sighed, shaking her head.

"Popo," Ariel agreed, who was being held by her owner in her arms.

Riolo nodded his head, agreeing with them. Pete was only a few weeks old since his mutation and he is still not listening to a single word Leo said. Suddenly, there was a loud grinding sound, making the bird squawk in alarm. "Oh, that construction crew isn't messing around," the blue turtle assured him. "I wonder how." There was another tremor, making them fall.

"What was that?" Shira asked. "An earthshake?"

Adjusting his eyes, Pete looked over and noticed something moving around the ceiling. It was long and thin and it won't stop tunneling down. He squawked loudly in alarm, pulling Leo and Shira up to their feet.

"Ow ow! Hey!" The two yelped as Pete climbed up to the ladder. Surprised by the bird's squawk, Ariel and Riolu covered their ears and were both grabbed by the scuff on their necks by the pigeon.

"Pete, wait!" Leo cried. "Let me go first." He shoved Pete out of the way, climbed up to the ladder and opened the manhole cover to a parking lot. "For real, this is a terrible idea." Pete poked his head up beside him. "Will you stop that? Why do I always get saddled with you? And how hard is using the bathroom, okay. I put newspapers all over the lair and you missed every single one."

"Yeah," Shira agreed. "Crapping everywhere like a chick who is not potty trained."

"You know what? Go get some air! I don't care." On cue, Pete flew right up into the air, once Ariel and Riolo had been released. They landed on the concrete with a thud.

"This is bad," Shira whimpered.

The rain was very storming once Leo and Shira brought Pete up in the air. He kept on flying around, squawking until he noticed a group of two floating objects, traveling under the ground. Leo and Shira continue on, running after the pigeon. Behind them, Riolu had carried Ariel on his back to keep up with his owners.

"Peter, stop!" Shira shouted. "You have to listen! What are you doing?!"

"You get down from there right now, young man!" Leo shouted before a trash can lift landed on Leo's face. He fell to the ground, shell first and Shira slipped over a puddle, making her fall. "I'm just going to lay here for a minute."

"This officially sucks," Shira sighed, who had a hard time walking. The rain is soaking her legs and it is slowly growing fins. With a cough, Shira pulled out her inhaler and injected it into her mouth. "Some leaders we are. People are supposed to listen to you." Ariel noticed the looks on their faces and slowly approached them, nudging her nose at their skin.

"Aw, are you trying to comfort me, Ariel?"

"Popo," Ariel squeaked.

"It is quite funny that you are able to understand yokai," Leo said.

"Yeah, It's a thing," she said.

Suddenly, there was another tremor. Looking down, they saw cracks forming on the ground. Leo and Shira get out of the way to watch the hole get bigger.