Chapter 14

(A/N): So I found out, but I'm sure if its canon or not that Grandpa and Grandma Longneck's names are Luka and Luna. That actually suits them quite well, but everyone addresses them of their parental status.

---

"I don't understand, Daddy." Cera was speaking to her Father that night, upset that he took her away from Little Foot, Sakyo and the others.

"You need friends who know to behave. Especially, in times like this." He tried to tell Cera that she basically needs better and different friends, but already knew that it was because of incident with Little Foot and the fact that Sakyo was different, and it made her angry about it all.

"Sakyo is my friend. He'll always be my friend." She tried to reason with him, now getting angry herself towards him.

"He is a Sharp Tooth, they behave differently and it isn't good for you."

"B-But Daddy, he's still my friend and has never hurt us even when he gets hungry or thirsty. We can trust him!"

"Cera, I'm your Father, I really want what's best for you and your safety." He tried to reason with her, seeing the tears streaming down her face which upsetted him.

"No, you don't! You just don't like him and don't want me to have any fun!" She then ran off and jumped into large grass which was as tall as Mr. Threehorn.

"Cera, please. I'm just trying to... As a parent I..." He didn't know what else to say so he walked away, thinking on how the situation could've gone better. Mr. Threehorn trusted that Cera would just go and sleep somewhere slightly away from their home.

---

Mr. Thicknose, (Y/N) and Sakyo were walking along the river to see Grandpa Longneck, Grandma Longneck and Little Foot talking with Mr. Threehorn who seemed grumpy... Nothing new there.

"It's not your time to drink, Longnecks." He growled slightly.

"What do you mean not our time?" Grandpa asked to Topsy (Mr. Threehorn). He knew that it wasn't their time, but he didn't think he would count towards the children as well.

"We agreed that all herds take turns drinking at the watering hole." He walked to them, stopping a few meters away. There was a Club Tail who was peaking his head to see Mr. Threehorn walking away and took this moment to try and drink some water.

"Yes, we all agreed, but I didn't think that included the children. It really isn't fair to them."

"There is no fair when it comes to survival!"

"When life is tough, you gotta be tougher, if you wanna stay alive." He chased the Club Tail away after he noticed that he was drinking water at the wrong time. "When the trail gets rough, you gotta get rougher to help your family survive. You can't run around in circles; wondering what to do! Someone's gonna need a voice of reason. Is it you, or you, or you!?" He asked some adult swimmers who were now listening to his singing, they were in shock at first, then the Threehorn looked at Little Foot's Grandparents and they were also slightly shocked. "When things around us start going bad, we all better be strong. We could lose everything we have!" A Spike Tail and Iguanodon (I'm not sure of their names in this) turned up at the scene as well, wondering what was going on. "This goes on too long. Don't stand around here talking! I say that's not enough! No tears, no sighs, don't close your eyes! We gotta stand tough! I used to hear my Father say; "stand and fight, don't run away". He made me what I am today! I'm here! And I'm tough!" He scraped his foot against the dirt, acting like a bull about to charge. The Iguanodon and a swimmer disliked the idea and walked over to Grandpa and Grandma Longneck, standing in front of them now, unimpressed while the others were impressed by Mr. Threehorn. "When times are hard, you better be harder, you don't know what's in store. You think you're smart!? You gotta be smarter than you ever were before! You say "I'm mean", you say "Why bother?", but I have a Daughter and I'm her Father. I'm gonna make sure, we all have water enough! That's why I'm tough. I'm standing tough. We gotta stand tough!" He slammed his foot into the ground, showing his dominance, pride and bravery. "You don't like it? Tough." The Iguanodon and the swimmer growled quietly before walking away from the water. Mr. Threehorn smiled to himself as Little Foot looked sadly at the water.