The Fallen V

Welcome back to The Fallen and boy oh boy am I happy how this chapter turned out. Originally I had planned on making another chapter with different characters reacting to the events that unfolded in Chapter Two specifically the Scarlentina's and it would be the starting point of this chapter but I decided to push that down the road a bit so it won't be in this one. Also, I decided to dip my hand back into describing combat which I don't think I'm as good as I'd like to be at it but I still tried so I'd like some feedback on that.

Another thing that contributed to this being a little later than usual is that I wrote a One-Shot called (Shameless Plug)The Shattered Familiar (Shameless Plug) so if you like this story why don't you go check that out it won't take that long. Anyway I've kept you enough so I hope you enjoy!

-OtherwiseR00K

Shirou leaned against the cold railing, looking down at the water illuminated by the shattered moon above him. The last few days had been a ride that Shirou wished he could've gotten off much sooner but thankfully the end of it was coming anytime now.

The librarian, who he now knew as Juniper Arc, managed to strong-arm him into this. She wasn't very strong physically nor was she in any position to truly make him do something with her pregnancy having been ongoing for at least six months.

So how did she manage it?

Shirou figured it out a few days later as he was traveling with her family through the Vale wilderness by watching the way she interacted with her family. The bubbly nature, the overexcitment, and the general inhaling of food.

She reminded him of Taiga.

Far too much for his liking.

Shirou remembered all the times that Taiga was like that as he was growing up. The memories were somewhat foggy but her smile and exaggerated nature shone through the fog as if it were a beacon. A beacon that brought a sorrowful feeling to him.

Shirou had made the steel recede after he'd gotten away from the Arcs on the ship so he could simply reminisce. This is what he'd wanted but since arriving in Remnant he'd had to push it off and get moving.

Now that he was alone and simply waiting he could try to grieve-

BANG!

And Taiga Fujimura fell to the floor with a bullet in her head, the gun held by your han-

-but did he deserve to? He'd killed her after all. Did he have any right to? She was simply trying to help her son who he had no idea existed until she admitted it in front of him. Did he have any right to?

Did he?

He killed her.

Murdered her.

Put her down like she was nothing but an enemy.

Murdered her.

Took her chance to save her son.

Murdered her.

Did he have any right to-

Shirou heard footsteps and let the steel push the memories away. The blank mask reformed over his face, hiding the anguish that occupied it a moment before. Shirou turned around to see the patriarch of the Arc family walking up, a man named Nicholas Arc with his sword Crocea Mors on his hip.

Shirou had seen the sword sitting on the mantel in the Arc household and was intrigued by its history and the fact its name is the same as Julius Ceaser's sword. He was surprised by the coincidence but otherwise left it alone.