5 - It's Training Time

"I can't believe this." Zara sighs.

"The training will help you with the fight against Exaton." Apis reasons.

"Yeah, and?" Zara questions. "What good will that do me?"

"You haven't fought Exaton before, and last I heard, you didn't do too well against Karnak and Anubi."

"So what?" Zara shrugs. "I was exhausted. Can you blame me? I had been fighting multiple of his soldiers before they got to me."

"You'll have to do better."

"Exaton is not all that different from Gramorr," Zara replies. "Just different in how they react and all that."

"This is why I have agreed to train you."

"...What have you got in mind?"

As Zara is undergoing the training Apis has planned for her, the said trainer is making notes on how to test her further.

"Level two!" Apis exclaims.

"Shoot!" Zara grins.

Apis takes this as a challenge and shoots arrows at the girl.

"Woah!" Zara dodges.

"You said 'shoot', so I did."

"I didn't mean it."

"Too late now." Apis grins.

"I currently don't like you!" Zara exclaims.

Realising she couldn't outrun the arrows, Zara threw some spells at them. Noting that the arrows had different elements contained within them, she threw counter spells at the arrows and it proved to be effective as they each fell to the ground.

"Great job." Apis compliments.

"Naturally." Zara bows. "I do have a great teacher."

"Thank you." Apis grins.

Landing in front of Apis, the duo notices Kefer, Neith, Horus, and Leo approaching them. They bow before Kefer and he asks to speak with Apis alone.

"I'll clean up." Zara offers.

"Don't bother, I may need them."

"Okay."

"How is your training coming along?" Neith inquires.

"I believe it is coming along well, although I believe Apis may have a different idea," Zara answers.

"You will do well, I know so." Horus encourages.

"Thank you, Horus." Zara smiles. "We will have to wait and see how I do before making any calls."

"Are you sure you want me to do this right now?" Apis asks Kefer.

"Yes, I'm sure." Kefer nods.

"The boy is a novice, you should go easy on him, okay?"

"Easy?" Apis questions. "I have been training warriors for centuries and have never gone easy on anyone."

Leo gulps, realising the situation he has gotten himself into.

"When he entered the Labyrinth for the first time, Kefer was smaller than this kid is now." Apis recounts.

With everyone now gathered in front of the entrance to the Labyrinth, Apis looks Leo up and down, then does the same with Zara.

"I'm sorry, Leo." Kefer apologises. "But it's the law."

"Don't feel bad for me." Leo smiles. "Maybe I'll be able to figure out what this bracelet is capable of."

"Let the test begin." Apis directs.