12 - Lost in Time Pt. 2

"Your voice? It sounds familiar." Leo recognises.

"Yes, Leo." the man finally takes his hood off.

"Your...Your..." Leo stammers.

"I'm your grandfather, Flinn." the man explains.

"Can I please have an introduction...or something?" Zara asks, feeling awkward.

After the introductions and explanations, they move to a private space where Flinn explains what has happened to him.

"It's not possible." Leo denies. "You should be much older."

"I was. Until I bathed in one of those pools. I've nicknamed them, 'The Springs of Life'."

"You need to explain a whole load of stuff to me."

"Yes, I will, don't worry," Flinn assures him. "I have dedicated my whole life to studying Egypt..."

Flinn then explains his studies and how he came across the Bracelet of Ra. It drew him in, and he dawned it. He then goes on to explain that the Bracelet is the cause of his stumbling into Egyxos.

"Just like what happened to you, I believe." Flinn points to Leo.

"Didn't you make me find the Bracelet?" Leo questions.

"No." Flinn denies. "The Bracelet found you."

Flinn then goes on to explain more of his backstory. This time coming across a sarcophagus he had never seen before, finding it lead to somewhere else. However, he had come across 'The Springs of Life' and accidentally fell into one while taking in his surroundings.

"I was terrified of drowning," Flinn explains. "But instead, that sarcophagus was a passageway between two worlds."

"One of the secret passageways created by Ra," Leo confirms. "A portal for emergencies."

'That explains quite a bit.' Zara sighs, head spinning with information.

As Leo and Flinn discuss, Zara leaves to stare at the pools. Staring at them, she feels a sense of peace and sighs as she relaxes. Hearing something in the distance, Zara searches for whoever made the noise. As she does so, Kefer and Horus appear and she relaxes. Going out to meet them, Zara is joined by Leo and Flinn as they leave the shelter.

Leo explains an idea he has to Flinn, and everyone listens.

"What do you think of my idea, Grandpa?" Leo asks.

"Going to the city? I don't know." Flinn answers.

"I live there, and the stuff I am learning amazes me." Zara compliments.

"While I appreciate you trying to get me on board, Zara, I am used to my solitary life now," Flinn responds. "Thank you for the offer, but...I'll have to think about it."

"Worth a shot." Zara shrugs.

"An esteemed scholar such as yourself deserves an important position in my court," says Kefer.

"Enough with roaming the desert, Grandpa." Leo pleads. "You'll live a calm, comfortable life."

"Stand aside, Kefer!" Exaton commands.

No one had heard him and his Army come in.

'I should have been on guard.' Zara scolds herself. 'Why didn't I think that he would come running here? Especially after one of his soldiers had escaped.'

"The Fountain of Youth is mine." Exaton smirks.

"Speaking of calm," Leo remarks.

"This land has nothing to do with you, Exaton." Kefer gestures.

"Since you put it that way, there's only one way to resolve this." Exaton grins. "Power of Egyxos!"

"Power of Egyxos!"

"Zara, Queen of Ephedia!"

"Power of Egyxos!"

As everyone gets into a fight, it doesn't last long for it to end as Flinn and his lizard take care of them. Exaton and his army retreat, seeing they haven't a way of beating Kefer and the others. Despite their numbers.

They leave the cave system, explaining what they should do about the Fountain of Youth. Now outside the cave, they take a good look at the entrance.

"The many things down there must never fall into Exaton's hands. Eternal youth can be a dangerous temptation." Flinn explains. "The portal back to the museum is in my refuge. I've used it several times to make...after-hours visits. This too must come to an end."

"Without the portal, you'll never be able to return home." Leo realises.

"Your grandfather is right, it's too risky," Kefer exclaims.

"I understand." Leo yields.

"Together?" Flinn suggests.

"Together." Leo agrees.

With that being said, the entrance to the cave is sealed shut. After a brief conversation, Grandfather and Grandson say their goodbyes.

"Huh?" Leo questions.

"Okay, it's time to return home," suggests Kefer, smiling.