17 - Rememberance

After an adventure, Leo wonders where Zara has gone. Excusing himself, Leo comes to find Zara in Isis' Garden.

"Hey, I was wondering where you went," Leo remarks.

"Oh, hey," Zara laughs. "I didn't know anyone had realised I was gone."

"Is everything okay?" inquires Leo.

"Yeah, just remembering something." Zara sighs.

"...Do you want to talk about it?" Leo asks.

"Are you willing to listen?" Zara fires back.

"Yes, I am." Leo nods.

"Buckle up." Zara sighs. "It's a journey."

    Zara starts recalling her first relationship.

"My first boyfriend and I were..."

    At the start of the relationship, Zara and her boyfriend seemed to be a couple people admired. While the relationship began that way, it began to outwardly be this way.

    What people didn't know was that after a few months, the couple started to grow distant from one another.

    After some time together, her boyfriend decides to come clean to Zara. Noticing her boyfriend wanting to her something, Zara waits for him to tell her.

    On a sunny day, Zara's first boyfriend asked her out on a date. The boyfriend also mentions that he has to tell her something. Agreeing to the date, Zara is concerned about what he has to tell her, however, she has a feeling about what it may be.

    As Zara and her first boyfriend are out on a date, her boyfriend comes clean to her.

"You dated me because of a bet!?" Zara exclaims.

"Yes."  he nods.

"I can't believe you did this!" Zara screams. "I hate you!"

"Wow, that sucks," Leo comments.

"Yeah, it does." Zara sighs. "That is why I am confused."

"Confused? Why?" Leo inquires.

"After that day, I vowed not to fall for another man." Zara straightens, then sinks. "Otherwise history may be repeated."

"It didn't work out too well, did it?" Leo questions.

"No, it didn't." Zara sighs.

"...Hyksos is a great guy." Leo commends. "He is honest and sees to it that those around him are happy. Especially with those he deeply cares for."

    Smiling, Zara turns to Leo, and the two share a laugh.

"Thanks for that, Leo."

"No problem." Leo grins. "Any time."

"I think it's time we went back inside." Zara stands. "What do you say?"