7 - Taking Care of Leo

"Well done, Hyksos and Zara." Kefer compliments. "You've passed the test, you've proven your worth."

"Thank you, my Pharoah." Zara and Hyksos bow.

"I believe the two of you will succeed in this mission."

"What mission is that?" Hyksos inquires.

"As you know, after Sobek's escape, Leo is no longer allowed to enter Egyxos."

"I think I understand. You fear that he'll be more vulnerable to Exaton's attacks if he remains on earth."

'Right, got it.' Zara sighs, fiddling with her earring.

"He'll be safer if you keep an eye on him."

Nodding in agreement, the duo headed to Earth, and Zara felt glad she was in her usual attire.

"Where do you think Leo might be?" Hyksos inquires.

"I don't know." Zara shrugs. "All I know is that we are glorified babysitters for a boy who can care for himself."

"Come on, you don't mean that." Hyksos grins.

"Yes, I do." Zara sighs. "Now, you do what you need to and I will see about doing what I need to."

"Okay." Hyksos smiles. "See you around, sweetness."

"Ugh."

After walking around town for a while, Zara eventually runs into Leo. They start to talk for a bit before Leo asks a question that is bugging him.

"Okay, I got to know, why are you doing here?"

"Kefer."

"Babysitting?"

"Practically."

"With Hyksos?"

"Depends on what you want the answer to be." Zara shrugs. "He hasn't been doing a good job of being subtle."

"Like you aren't?"

"I wasn't trying to be. At least I was forthcoming with you."

"Hykoso was as well, but, you know..."

"Yeah, I get it."

"Listen Hyksos, I know you're doing this for my benefit, but I don't like being spied on 24 hours a day."

"Have no fear, Leo." Hyksos starts.

'This ain't going to be good.'

"No one will notice my presence."

"Yeah, right." Zara laughs.

"What was that, sweetheart?" Hyksos smirks.

"At least I blend in with everyone and everything, unlike a certain someone I could name."

"They're attacking us."

"Hyksos, wait!" Zara exclaims.

"Um, what were we talking about?"

"That no one would notice your presence."

"Maybe it's best you simply summon me when you feel threatened."

"Yeah, that will probably be the best way to work it." Leo agrees. "That guy, for example, is my number one enemy."

"Number one enemy, did you say?"

"Huh?"

"Well, he won't be for much longer."

"No, Hyksos!"

"Wait a minute. You can't take me that seriously."

Unfortunately, the exclamation didn't come in time as the boy on the bike was turned to stone.