13 - Captured

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Isis." Zara apologises.

"It's alright, dear." Isis smiles.

"What a great selection!" Zara exclaims. "Thank you for the food."

Finishing the food, Zara helps Isis clean everything before running to Apis' Arena.

"I know you can do better!" Apis shouts. "Do it!"

"I'm trying!" Zara answers.

"Try harder!"

Screaming, Zara shoots multiple attacks from around her at once and falls to her knees.

"Impressive." Apis compliments.

"I'm cooked." Zara groans.

"It's nearly time for lunch, so I suggest you get cleaned up and get ready to meet Isis in the Garden." Apis smiles.

"Thanks for letting me do this, Apis." Zara returns the smile.

"Not a problem." Apis grins. "Now, get going."

"Okay." Zara runs off. "Thanks, Apis."

Showering and dressing up in her usual clothes, Zara leaves her room and comes across Isis as she heads to the garden.

"Perfect timing." Isis smiles.

"Couldn't agree more." Zara smiles. "Want me to help carry something?"

"Could you carry this please?" Isis gestures.

"Sure thing." Zara agrees.

Setting up their picnic, Kefer arrives when the last meal is out.

"This looks delicious." Kefer compliments.

"Thanks." Isis smiles.

Digging into their meals, the trio talks about Zara's experience fighting Gramorr and how everything went down.

"That was months ago, though." Zara sighs. "It was only a few weeks after I became Queen that Exaton and his army attacked."

"Is that why your crown is important?" Kefer inquires.

"Yes," Zara replies, nodding. "It is a powerful artifact the Royal Family has had for generations. It stores our powers. Only the current Queen and the next heir to the throne can access it."

"That means..."

"Catastrophic disaster. That's if anyone other than a member of the Ephedian Royal Family wears it."

"I remember you saying you had managed to encase it in crystals. Am I remembering that right?"

"Yes, you are." Zara sighs. "For now, I am the only one to access it."

"Hey, Zara!" Horus calls. "Are you coming to train?"

"That time already." Zara shakes her head. "I'll be there in a bit, Horus."

"Okay, don't take too long." Horus flies away.

"Sorry, have to dash." Zara apologises.

Changing into training attire, Zara heads straight to Apis' Arena.

"Ready to go?" Apis inquires.

"Yep." Zara smiles.

After a long afternoon of training, Zara gets herself cleaned up and goes to have dinner with Isis.

"That smells delicious." Zara compliments.

"Thank you." Isis smiles. "Dig in."

"Thank you for the meal."

Kefer soon joins them not long after they start eating. As they eat, they continue their talk from lunch.

"Myself and my Sister are the only people to have access to the Crown," Zara explains. "Although, given the fact we had a minor disagreement before I came here, the power stored in the Crown is limited."

"How does that work?" Isis asks.

"My powers are closely tied to my emotions, and right now, the power in the Crown is limited because of how I left things with her," answers Zara.

With everything said and done, Zara helps Isis clean-afterward, the two head off to bed.

"Good Night." they wave.

Just as she settles into bed, Zara notes that something in her room is off. She jumps when Anubi reveals himself.

"What the heck?!" Zara exclaims.

Having been surprised, Zara manages to regain her composure and give Anubi a fighting chance before he freezes her.

"You're ours now." Anubi grins.