In Deep Man

**Remi POV**

As we were driving, I took a few glances at him and he did the same. Then at one time we looked at the same time. He smiled. "So Remi...." "August....." He laughed "what's good Ma? Where you move from?" I looked at him wondering how much I was going to tell him. "Cali." "Ah the West Coast." I laughed and nodded. "You always lived in New Orleans?""Nah born and raised. I moved to Atlanta a couple years ago. Things got rough in my house." When we stopped at the red light. He started to search through his glove compartment. His hand quickly brushed my thigh and I tensed up. He didn't notice and continued to look. Then he pulled out a blunt and lit it. The light turned green and he sped off. "Hey want to see something?" He asked taking me out of my thoughts. "Sure." He handed his blunt and let go of the steering wheel. "Ummm." I began to worry. He was driving with no hands just his knees. I laughed. "You stupid." I took a puff of his blunt. He quickly took the wheel and the blunt. "Hey what are you doing smoking." I smirked. "You don't a lot about me. " I Took another puff. I could see him smiling and licking his lips. He pulled into his driveway and invited me inside. I reluctantly agreed and walked inside. It was so charming. "Nice crib Auggie." I playfully poked his chest ."Man bye with that gay ass name." He grabbed my hand stopping me from poking him again. I blushed and walked toward his kitchen. I went through his refrigerator and there was like nothing. " Got nothing in this place." I turned around to him pinning me against the door. He held my hands above my head and leaned in. His kiss was so passionate it sent chills through my body. He continued and went down my neck. He left Love marks all the way down to my collar bone. I couldn't comprehend what was happening. He pulled away and smiled. "Imma go take a shower." I nodded because I needed to breath.

I went to the powder room and fixed my face. I popped a piece of gum in my mouth just in case. When I was finished I sat myself on the couch and turned to Martin. I was dying of laughter then something covered my eyes. "You play to much August." I said playfully hitting his chest.I instantly regretted that because he was shirtless wearing a pair of basketball shorts.

I quickly stopped myself from doing something I would regret. I turned back around to the TV pretending nothing happened. August walked away the came back with some blankets and pillows. "Wanna watch a movie." he asked "Oh yea lets watch Love and Basketball." I squealed. He rolled is eyes and put in the DVD. He sat down next to me and placed my legs on his. From time to time he would rub my thighs. It looked like it was natural for him because he never took his eyes off the TV. During the middle of the movie I began to fall asleep. When I woke up, I was laying on Augusts bare chest. He had his arms around me. I felt so comfortable. I slid my phone out of my pocket . And checked the time. I was 2 in the morning. Unfortunately I still had school so I couldn't stay in his arms forever. I tried to slide out his grip. It was hard but I did it.

I grabbed my things and headed to my house. I slowly unlocked my door and tip toes up the stairs. I was halfway up when a voice froze me in my tracks. "Where the hell have you been?" It was my mom. Why was she up so early? I turned around and looked at her face. Her eyes were bloodshot red and the was a bottle in her hand. She was drunk. "I was out Ma I dont have time for this, talk to me when you are sober." I turned around attempted to walk back to my room. She threw one of her bottles at me. It hit my arm and broke on the floor. That gave her time to reach me. She scanned me. "Why are there hickies on your neck? " I quickly covered them and ran to my room with her on my trail. Slamming and locking my door, I turned around and sat against the door. I heard things being thrown, bottles breaking. she was screaming something that I couldn't hear.

Then through all of the commotion I heard police sirens. I prayed that they wouldn't come here. If they arrest my mom that would be her third strike. She is still on probation. She would go to jail and as much as she annoys me, I love her I would never wish that at her for what she did. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize the footsteps coming up the stairs. There was a knock on my door. I slowly opened it and it was the police. "We have Mrs. Neverson under custody for violation of her probation. Because you are still a minor you will have resident with an adult. Please complete this task within seven days or you will be put in foster care. Good day young lady." He lightly smiled and walked away . I broke down. Now my mother is going to prison. I have to find somewhere to live because I'm not going to damn foster care. I texted my sister and told her to stay with a friend for a while. I got into bed and just cried hoping that I would wake up in his arms and it would all be a dream. Unfortunately every time I opened my eyes I was in the same place crying for the same reason. I'm in Deep Man!