War

Chapter Summary: The Shield and Evolution continue to go at it. Melanie starts to get suspicious of Jon. Morgan unleashes during Payback

Words: 9,000+

---------

After Melanie went inside her hotel room, she saw Jon getting ready to go out.

"Hey." She greeted. "I thought we were gonna watch a movie and chill tonight."

"Ah...I thought that was tomorrow. I'm about to hang with the guys tonight. Tomorrow, all right?" he smiled apologetically.

She started to look disappointed but shook it off. They'll have other times to hang out with each other.

"Oh, okay then." She sat on the bed.

"I'm sorry, Lanie."

"No, no it's fine. You're getting dressed up for an outing with the guys." She observed his dressy casual attire.

"I lost a bet against Colby. I'll see you later." He kissed her on the cheek and headed out the door.

"Okay..." She chuckled and turned on the TV.

Hours seemed to have gone past as she checked the clock. It was already 2:30 AM.

"Guess the guys are having a wild night." She murmured and decided to go to sleep.

When she woke up in the morning, she noticed Jon was still not there.

"Where the heck is he?" She asked herself before getting herself ready for the day.

As soon as she was about to head out the door, Jon came back.

"Well, good morning. Where were you all night?"

He rubbed the back of his neck and looked apologetic. "Morning. Sorry, I crashed with Colby and Joe."

"I see." She watched as he went to the bathroom.

That was weird. He would always be here with her if they had roomed together. Shaking it off and thinking he just had a rough night, she went to the first floor to meet up with Milena.

"Morning! You okay?" Milena greeted her with a hug.

"Not really. Well, I guess it's just that Jon was gone all night. But it's okay. Maybe he just had a rough night or something."

"Well..." Milena began but decided to stay quiet.

Everyone knew except for Melanie. She really wanted to tell her but decided to respect Jon's wishes.

"Well, what?" The Outspoken Diva questioned.

"Nothing. Just thinking about what we're going to eat. How's the diet?"

"Great! I love it. You think you can make me one of those yummy protein shakes?"

"Of course!"

After they get their breakfast, the two eat at a table at the hotel cafeteria. Colby walked over to them, making Melanie flinch.

"Haha! You thought I was gonna smack you, didn't you?" He laughed.

"No. I was just alert." Melanie mumbled, making Milena giggle. "Hey so how was the bet?"

Colby started to look confused. "Bet?"

"That Jon lost? Were you too drunk to remember?" The Outspoken Diva chuckled while Milena and Colby glanced at each other.

"Oh yeah...the bet."

"I heard he had to wear a dressy casual outfit last night while you guys were out. I guess you guys got too wild and Jon had to stay over at your room with Joe, right?"