Chapter 16

Lilac's pov 

 "I didn't tell you yet because with everything going on, I haven't had a chance" I said anxiously.

 "I'm gonna go to my room, night Rose" Tucker said kissing Rose. 

 "You guys kiss now?" I asked dumbfounded. 

 "Just now apparently" she said confused watching Tucker walk out.

 "I'm also gonna go to bed Lilac I'm tired" said Rose, walking through the door leading into her room. "If you need me you can come in anytime." 

 "Can I just sleep in your room tonight babes?" I asked anxiously. 

 "Of course baby" Rose replied. 

 "Oh so it's baby now, huh?" I teased. 

 "Yea, unless you don't like it." Rose replied. 

 "Babes, I fucking love it" I replied pulling her in for a kiss, making her blush. 

 "Baby, we can't do this tonight" Rose whispered, pushing away slightly. 

 "I know, I'm sorry babes" I whispered back, a little hurt. 

 "Don't confuse what I'm saying baby, I still love you, and want you, I just can't do anything tonight cause I'm fuckin' exhausted." Rose replied fiercely. 

 "I know, it's ok" I said kissing her gently on the cheek. 

 'You know I love you right?' Rose asked switching over to link as she cuddled up to me. 

 'I know, and I love you too babes' I replied tired.

 I heard her breath start to even out as we started to fall asleep, I love her. I don't think she can keep the nightmares away though.

 "You know you will never be a good werewolf, hell you'll get kicked out and have to be a rouge like your father!"

 "Mom, stop, why can't I ever be good enough? Are you gonna treat her like this when she's older?" 

 "No because at least she isn't fucking worthless like you!"

 "Rose wake up!" I shouted in pain. 

 "What's wrong Lilac?" Rose groaned groggily. 

 "You are on fire" I replied trying not to let annoyance creep into my voice. 

 "Shit, I'm so sorry baby" she replied waking up and cooling off. Her eyes went wide seeing that she burnt me. "Fuck, I did that didn't I? Damn it." 

 "Babes it's ok you don't have to be sorry" I said trying to get closer to her, but she backed up with every step I took. 

 "Don't touch me, please" Rose responded, the slight begging tone in her voice, she walked back to the bed, avoiding me and staring at the wooden bedframe. 

 "Do you know why you burnt the word 'worthless' into the bedframe?" I asked genuinely curious. "You don't have to respond, I'm just trying to make sure you're ok." 

 "I c-can't talk about it, you won't love me anymore" Rose said starting to sob, the leftover flames turning blue and shrinking.

 "Rose, fucking look at me, you aren't gonna stop me from loving you, it's about what happened with Diablo, isn't it?" I said gently.

 Before Rose could answer there was a knock at the door. "It's Tucker, can I come in please, I can feel that Rose is hurting." 

 I went over to the door and opened it, "can you helped her?" I whispered to him.