Chapter 113 (My Sister's Fiance/Husband)

"Where are they?" malamig nyang turan pagdaka. I can sense both boldness and coldness in the way he glances at me I understand why - I shouldn't have kept his kids a secret.

"Are you mad" di ko mapigilang tanong kahit pa nga ba alam ko naman ang sagot.

"What do you think?" hindi ko sya magawang sagutin sa balik tanong nya sakin "You took off with my kids and who knows if I could ever see them" bakas sa boses nya yung sakit. Napasabunot pa sya sabay hilot ng sintido nya "If Xarina hadn't thrown the event here, would you have ever mentioned them? Will you tell me? Or you'll just hide forever?"

Hindi ako makasagot dahil iyon naman talaga ang balak kong gawin, ang magtago at di magpakita. Wala rin akong balak ipakilala o ipakita siya sa mga anak nya-- and that's a biggest mistake. Napakalaking pagkakamali.

---

Kinabukasan.

I heard my daughter's giggles as she chatted with Lei's cousins. She looks so happy showing them her talents, in such young age, she already knows how to play different instruments so Lei's cousins quickly bought her a ukulele and recorder. They promised to get her more when they return to the city.

"You really take after me, Apo. I used to excel at everything when I was your age too" Mr. Funtabella proudly exclaimed. Mrs. Funtabella joins in with a smile, showing just how happy they are. Kung tutuusin, the twins are both the firstborn grandchildren of the Funtabellas kaya ganun nalang sila kagiliw sa kambal.

"My mom also taught me how to paint! My brother, kuya Leon, is really good at it," she said proudly as she gestured towards her brother on the other side. Leon, with his poker face, stands on the opposite side with Frank, Gun, Lawrence and with his other uncles.

Leon is just quiet compared to his twin. He prefers not to show off and is more on the reserved side, but he's definitely a sweet kid.

"Hey, you ugly son of the Hideous Dictator" narinig ko pang saad ni Zayner na kararating lang. From what I have heard, he was really wasted yesterday. Ng makapalapit ay nakipagsukatan pa ito ng tingin sa anak ko. "What's your name little tyrant?"

"Syleon Aux Funtabella" taas noong turan ni Leon "You?" maotoridad na tatas nito. Magsasalita na sana si Zayner ng muling magsalita ang anak ko "Never mind. I'm not interested in an old Relic"

I just facepalm at the words coming out of my child's mouth. He's picking up all sorts of things from Rush. Such a bad influence indeed.

"Bwahaha. Old relic horse rider wanna be!" umalingawngaw ang halakhak ni Lawrence sa buong cottage. Marami pa silang itinapon na salita sa isa't isa pero hindi ko na iyon pinagtuunan ng pansin.

All I could say is, my twins both looked happy when they finally met their Dad and relatives. They have been asking for this for a long time especially Sylliana. When she saw her dad last night, she couldn't hold back her tears and immediately ran into his arms.

But it was a total opposite for Leon though. He seemed distant and hesitant to approach his dad. If I didn't tell him, he wouldn't have done it. He said that Lei was the old geezer who took me away last time. Even now, he still appeared aloof and reluctant.

This may take time for him.

I shifted my gaze to where Lei was standing. Third, Shawn and Renze were with him and they are engaged in what seemed like a serious conversation. When he glanced in my direction, I smiled slightly but I didn't get a response. He just looked away and continue talking with his cousins.

He's really mad. Last night, he didn't talk to me again after we picked up the twins. He even slept with the kids in the other room. This morning, we hardly spoke while having breakfast. They also headed down to the cottage without me. We didn't have the chance to talk.

"Are you alright?" Luna asked me. She brought the rest of the kids' things here and she's about to leave. Since she's my business partner, she's in charge of taking care of the gallery. She then asked, "What are you going to do next?"

Napabuntong hininga ako. I don't know. Hindi ko alam lalo na ngayong tila lumayo ang loob sakin ni Lei.

---

"Are you gonna stay? You'll not leaving anymore?" Lliana asked with hopeful eyes as Leonard carried her inside the elevator on our way back to the hotel room. "Right Daddy? We will be together and you'll stay?"

"I didn't... Yes, I'll stay and I will not let you go anymore" simpeng turan ni Lei sa anak. He then looks at me. I know that he wanted to say that he didn't leave us, it was me who distanced myself.

Dahil hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ay tiningnan ko nalang si Leon sa gilid. He's holding my hands and looking at me. "Are you sleepy?" tanong ko sa kanya. He nodded.

"I'm sleepy too Mommy" halata rin sa mukha ni Lliana ang antok kaya naman ng humilig ito sa balikat ng ama ay agad itong nakatulog.

Ilang minuto lang ay bumukas na ang elevator. Lei told me to walk first towards our room. Once inside, he gently laid Lliana down on the bed. I reminded Leon to clean up himself before sleeping.

"Lei" saad ko ng maiwan kaming dalawa sa livingroom. He looks at me. "Are you ma--- before I could even finish, his phone rang. He quickly answered it. As he's listening, I saw him furrowing his eyebrows and clenching his fists.

"Is everything okay?" I couldn't help but ask as I heard him quietly cursing.

"No need to worry. You better go to bed. We'll be heading back to Manila tomorrow" he said before quickly heading out. "Don't open the door unless it's me," he added before leaving. Confused, I just nodded.

Was he still mad? I need to talk to him. Hindi pwedeng ganto.

---

"Stay here with your Aunt. I just need to meet someone" saad ko sa kambal. Lliana wants to go with me pero umiling ako. "Madali lang naman. Babalik din ako" saad ko at lumingon kay Jade.

I asked her to look after my twin because I couldn't reach Lei. Mula kagabi ay hindi pa sya bumabalik sa hotel. Despite calling him more than 10 times, he has not answered. I asked his cousins pero wala din silang alam kung nasan sya.

Ilan din sa kanila ay bumalik na sa Manila, mangilan-ngilan nalang din ang nagpaiwan. I'm sure kasama nya sina Shawn and Third dahil maging ang mga ito ay hindi rin mahagilap.

"Thank you Jade. I'll be back quick"

"No worries ate Seellyna"

As I made my way to Slyn gallery, I tried reaching out to him again but still, no answer. I put my phone in my pocket and continue walking. Luna informed me about a client who wishes to purchase several pieces and wants to meet the artist. Initially, I considered letting her handle it as she is more than capable, but out of respect for the client's request, I decided to go.

"Luna?" as I stepped inside the gallery, I saw Luna's scared face, umiling-iling pa ito na tila sinasabing wag akong pumasok ng tuluyan. As soon as the door shut behind me, someone pointed a gun to my head.

"What do you need?" I asked as I look at at the gun pointing at my direction.

And the reply was chilling "I want you dead"

----

A/N: Leonard is not mad okay?

Comments and vote please!