16 | light

After their punishment from Professor McGonagall, the Marauders had finally left them alone

After their punishment from Professor McGonagall, the Marauders had finally left them alone. The rest of the school had pretty much turned their backs on the Marauders and wanted nothing to do with them. It also helped that whenever they came anywhere near Althea, those around would glare at them and act like a shield. Most Gryffindors hadn't taken the news of Dumbledore going to Azkaban lightly. It had finally been revealed that he had done a lot more than they had thought, including exposing magic to muggles and killing them so he had his magic bound and was sentenced to life in Azkaban. The Rivers family were proud that they had managed to put away someone that had done so much damage while repairing their family. Their grandmother is now able to live her life and actually be with her family, something that had been snatched from her because of Dumbledore.

"What are you plans for the summer?"

They were all finally graduating from school and Althea couldn't be happier knowing she was putting everything that has happened in the last year behind her. She was glad to be leaving Hogwarts and starting a life outside of these walls. She knew there was a risk of Dumbledore breaking out of Azkaban but his magic had been bound and she wasn't going to be living alone.

Althea smiled at her boyfriend, "Well, I was thinking we move into the house before having a housewarming party. Then we can finally talk about our future." Kazz had inherited his grandfathers house after he had passed and he had asked Althea to move in with him after they had finished school. Their parents had signed a betrothed contract, where the couple stated all their terms before they too signed it. They both knew they wanted a future together but they're hadn't really discussed the details.

Kazz smiled before he pressed a kiss to her lips, "Are you sure about having everyone over? We can just do a dinner for our friends and family?" The last thing he wanted was for her to feel uncomfortable in their new home. He wanted her to feel safe and protected, even if he wasn't always with her.

"I'm sure. I want them all there. I'm done being afraid. Dumbledore is gone and I don't have to see the Marauders again. I'm free. I don't have to constantly look over my shoulder. I get to live my life without having to worry about what could happen. I can actually think about my future without thinking someone is going to get hurt or that they are going to take advantage of me or use the people I care about. I'm finally free." Althea replied with a teary smile. She never thought she would have a future, let alone one where she doesn't have to look over her shoulder or be scared all the time.

Kazz held her tighter, "It's all over. We can finally be happy and not have to worry about anyone coming after you. Everything is going to be fine." All he wanted was to have a future with the love of his life. To him, Althea was everything and he'd kill anyone that tried to take that away from him.

"I just can't believe it's all over

"I just can't believe it's all over."

The couple had finally hosted their housewarming party, welcoming the people they cared about the most to their house. It had been a joyous occasion and they couldn't have been more grateful to have these people in their lives. They had been gifted a lot of wonderful gifts for their house and for their future. It had also been a long night and their social battery had officially run out.

Kazz smiled as they rested on the couch, her back against his chest, "You have no idea how happy it makes me knowing this is the rest of our lives. I get to wake up next to you every day for the rest of our lives. You mean the absolute world to me. Thank you."

Althea looked up at him confused, "Thank you?"

"Thank you for loving me. Thank you for seeing the real me. In the short time I have known you, you have shown me what true happiness looks like. Being with you is when I'm at my happiest and I don't know what I would do with you. I love you." Kazz smiled as he pressed a kiss to her temple.

Althea couldn't help the tears that built up in her eyes, "You know, before I met you, I didn't think I'd ever find happiness. I was ready to leave this world without knowing the true meaning of love. Being with you has shown me that I am loved and that I deserve to be happy. I can't begin to express my gratitude for everything you have done for me. Thank you for showing me it's okay to not be okay, that I am worth it and that I have a beautiful future ahead of me. Thank you for loving me. I love you."

"I guess we both got pretty lucky with each other."

"That's one way of putting it."

the end!