Chapter 2

Marcus's POV:

I'm walking up the stairs to the top of the building. To the office no one would voluntarily go to.

 I was called into Diaboli's office. 

He very very rarely comes out, and only requests someone's presence when it is important. I haven't got a bloody clue what  he wants, but it can't be good. It never is. Me, a 6"2 scary looking dude, so I've been told, is trembling to my core. I've spoken to the Boss before. But never directly. 

I finally reach the two black oak doors. Some among the pack call it the 'Doors of Death'. I mentally roll my eyes at the thought, but really, it sounds about right in person.  Thinking back, one guy, who was called to his office, came out of there so battered and traumatised, he ended up killing himself before anyone actually found out what happened.  

I ready myself to enter, praying to the Azuron Goddess that I come out unharmed in one piece. I raise my fisted hand to the door. I knock on it gently, but hard enough for him to hear. The door slowly and silently rolls open, horror movie style. His freakishly tall figure, facing away from the door, doesn't move an inch. His deep resounding voice comes from inside.

Diaboli: Ah, Marcus. I've been waiting for you. Come in.

His voice was steady and emotionless. It was impossible for anyone, let alone me, to tell what kind of a mood he was in, which made me even more nervous. A few words alone from this man was enough to turn the hottest thing ever, ice-cold. I stepped into his office obediently. Before I could approach his desk anymore, his voice, now sounding slightly more cold, says,

Diaboli: The door. Close it.

It was more of a command than a question. And I found myself unable to resist, not that I would dare try and do so anyway. I immediately shut the door, before walking and standing in front of his desk, waiting for him to speak, growing apprehensive by the second. He turned around and a shocked gasp slipped through my lips. He was around 6"7 tall, jawline crazy defined, and not one visible part of his body without pure muscle. His Biceps and Torso pressed up against his pure black suit, and Jet black hair perfectly gelled, and styled to one side. His voice pulled me out of a trance and I gulped.

Diaboli: Something to say?.......

A Few hours earlier: Diaboli's POV:

I was standing in my office facing the window. My right hand man in the pack, the only one I speak to often, the only one I can trust with my life, has just told me about some concerning events that happened a day ago.

When something happens, I expect to be told immediately. Especially when it concerns HER.

HER. The girl that we use as a slave, and house maid. Alaia. Even her name aggravates me. She has put me through more trouble than she knows.

Apparently, she got into a fight, with one of the female Shifters, Rose or something like that. From what Jason -my right hand man- told me, she knocked Rose to the floor, and broke her nose, without touching her. I'll be honest, I basically lost it  when that happened. I ended up force shifting in my office, and having to go for a run outside. I ran for an hour, in my huge pure black Leopard form, through the Underealm, just sprinting headfirst around in the emptiness, uncaring towards distant growls that most likely came from a Rat-shark. Beastly, hideous creatures. Sounds that should bother me, but due to my distrait manner, I was just letting off steam, oblivious. 

Eventually I calmed down and returned to my office. I got the main man in charge of Alaia to come to my office. If Alaia really did manage to hurt Rose that badly, with the amount of energy she had in her, that was bad. Very fucking bad. Her abilities were coming through and she didn't even fully realise what was happening. She was convinced that, like she was constantly told, she was just a freak. Stupid Thing. My assumptions were right, when Jason confirmed with me, that he did indeed see a glimpse of her eyes change colour, and start swirling multicoloured in the heat of the moment.