Chapter 21

Denki hides behind his bed, gesturing for Katsuki to open the door. Katsuki takes an audible gulp, inching towards the door slowly. However, they hear a muffled voice from the other side, "Bakugo, it's me. Shoto. Open the door, quick." Katsuki flings the door open to find Todoroki alone. 

"Where's Deku?" He questions, pulling Todoroki inside and shutting the door behind him. He looks over at Denki who has slowly crawled out of his hiding spot to sit on his bed, opposite Todoroki. 

"Izuku got caught," Todoroki says in a single breath, but before they can ask any questions, he stops them with his hand, gesturing towards a glass of water on Denki's bedside table. After taking a big sip, he continues, "He's fine, they didn't arrest him or anything, just sent him back home. But it was the Queen. She was coming right behind me, I think. I ran here and Izuku was a bit behind that's why he got caught. She is in the castle right now." 

Katsuki and Denki stay in silence. "You guys should- you know, leave." Denki softly stutters, pulling his knees closer to his chest. He rocks himself on the bed, trying to calm down. 

"Denki, we are not doing that. Obviously not, we will try our best to get you out of here." Katsuki affirms, placing a comforting hand on Denki's knees. "Besides, I promised you something, didn't I?" Katsuki says with a strained smile. Denki giggles, nodding along. 

But before they could talk further and formulate a plan, Denki's window shattered. "Well, who do we have here?" A dry chuckle is heard, but Denki has his eyes tightly shut with Todoroki in front of him. Katuki had his sword out, but after hearing the voice he dropped it. 

"Oh god, thank you." Katsuki mumbles, wiping the sweat from his forehead. 

Todoroki stands confused, questioning the situation. Denki slowly peaks over his shoulder to see a purple-haired male with knives in both his hands and a weirdly cocky smirk. Upon further inspection, he sees a scarf around the man's neck and two unmistakable eyebags under his eyes. 

"Uhm..." Denki starts but gasps in horror when the purple-haired male, swings the knife at Katsuki who easily dodges it, smiling to himself. 

"It's actually you, wow. I really wished it was you, you know?" Katsuki talks to the guy, holding his hand out. The other male laces their hands for a handshake, only to pull Katsuki in for a hug. Watching them, Denki stands frozen. 

So this dude was the boy Katsuki was talking about? For a minute there Denki was so sure it was himself. That Katsuki actually reciprocated his feelings, Denki thought the mild blush he had on his face was a piece of evidence. However, watching them hug, Denki feels a little foolish. 

Of course, Katsuki doesn't have a crush on Denki. Why would he? Nobody would like a gay, half-blood and useless prince, now would they? It was stupid of Denki to have made such assumptions in the first place. 

"Uhm, so," Katsuki awkwardly starts after they break apart, "This is Shinsou. I used to go to school with him and we trained martial arts together. He is an assassin now." It strikes Denki then, the purple-haired guy was appointed to kill him. 

"Okay, so, first of all, Your Highness." Shinsou bows to Denki. "I was asked to kill you, but I'm not gonna do it, cause obviously why would I?" He looks at Katsuki with a knowing smile. Katsuki simply averts his gaze. 

"Oh thank god," Todoroki murmurs, dropping his defensive stance. "Is there anyone else with you?" He quickly asks, moving away from Denki so he doesn't block the view. 

"Nope. I can do this job myself, thank you very much. Why else would I be the number one assassin in this country?" Shinsou smirks, tucking his knife inside. 

"You're like the 15th choice, shut up." Katsuki chuckles, but before they can continue, Denki interrupts them. 

"So, what's the plan?" He crosses his arms, falling right back into the role of a prince. Putting on a facade, standing in a dominant stance and avoiding all types of slang as he speaks. 

Katsuki explains the plan in short to Shinsou, who immediately agrees, claiming no kingdom likes the Queen, since she had turned the unity and trade they had. Killing her would do a huge favor to the entire country, and Shinsou thinks he might use that as a reason to receive money from other Kings too. 

"There are some absolutely stupid bodyguards who follow her like they are her dogs," Shinsou starts, then pauses to look at Katsuki, "No offence to your father, Katsuki," He adds. "Anyways, so be careful, okay?" 

Shinso walks into the main hall where the Queen had been waiting on her throne. They could only hear muffled voices, but Katsuki was peeping in through a creak in the door, so they could wait for the signal. 

It was obvious when Shinsou broke the news. The Queen had stood up in anger, screaming at him. Katsuki signals something to Todoroki and in an instant they throw the doors open, charging at the soldiers. 

Denki slowly walks towards the Queen with his sword. The other three would deal with the bodyguards, but Denki wanted to be the one to kill the Queen. He wanted to be the one to see her take her last breath. To watch her die. 

"Hello Mother," He whispers upon reaching her. The Queen fumbles with her robes, trying to find something to defend herself with. Oh, how foolish of her to come unarmed. 

The bodyguards were losing, it was too much for them to handle such highly qualified fighters. Denki notices them on the side of his eye and soon, only Todoroki, Shinsou and Katsuki are standing, watching Denki. 

The Queen scrambles, slipping on her robs and falling on her throne. "Denki, stop where you are! I'm your Queen, you can't do this!" She yells desperately, tears pooling in her eyes, "I order you to drop your weapon, Denki!" She screams, but Denki simply smiles, walking forward until he reaches her. 

"I'm not sorry." He whispers before lodging his sword through her.